IPhone 6 Vs the Galaxy Note 4

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Aug 26, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apple and Samsung is still going at each other hard. They're about to unload their big guns with Apple getting ready to release the iPhone 6 and Samsung with their Note 4. A lot of people are holding their breath for the iPhone 6 because it would have a 5.5 inch screen- the very first time that an iPhone would go beyond the 5 inch mark. The Note 4 on the other hand may have a 5.9 inch screen. If course, it will still have its Neat S Pen. Both phones would have super fast processors and strong cameras and such. Which one would you want to have in your pocket?

2. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    I feel like iPhone 6 will be the better of the two phones, mainly because the phone is very highly anticipated and as a result I feel as if Apple will go all out to use the best hardware in their new release.

3. lindbergh

Threads:
    Hmm, I don't think so. I guess Apple is just super-hyping the iPhone 6. If you would take a look at the specs, the iPhone just has an 8MP camera and a dual core CPU. Kinda pales in comparison to the 16MP camera and octacore processor of the Note 4. Maybe the screen would be awesome but that wouldn't cut it for me. If you want to see the full specs of each phone, I'll provide you the links below:

-iPhone 6 -

-Galaxy Note 4 -

4. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    They never went "all out" in hardware in any of the previous models they released (both iPhone and iPad). They always keep back a lot. If they don't, people who just bought an older device feel bad about their purchase.
    Another reason is that they can increase the specs more times instead of just once. Which allows them to sell a lot more devices to people who don't understand what Apple is doing.

5. lindbergh

Threads:
    You're absolutely right here. Apple is definitely not laying out all their cards in one phone. They're keeping some technology back in order for them to be able to incorporate other "improvements" in their next device. I'm not saying that others are not guilty of this too... However, if you'll look at the specs of the iPhone 6, you'll notice that it's just similar to the Samsung S4 - a phone that's already about two years old.

6. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I think that the iPhone 6 looks quite ugly this time in my opinion. The new shape looks like your typical Chinese phones, unlike where the past iPhone designs have at least looked more premium. The Note 4 on the other hand, looked too much like a Note 3 and there isn't anything new that makes the Note 4 tremendously more attractive compared to the Note 3. However, the Note Edge does seem to have some interesting new features and I'll have to see how that pans out.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like what I've seen at all regarding the supposed designs for the new iPhone 6. It's a step backward to the bubbly design of the first iPhones. Plus the white striping on it seems so arbitrary and ugly (though I believe it's supposed to function as the antenna on the phone). I can only imagine the surface of the phone will become a scratch magnet. Plastic may dent, but metal, particularly with a colored coating on it like the iPhones, will scratch and those marks will be really noticeable. We've already seen this issue with the past model or two.

That said, I am glad Samsung finally is putting a metal frame around their phone, which appears to just be plain old stainless steel or a plain, uncoated aluminum. I have had the Galaxy Note 3 for a few months now, and while I love the phone, the silver plastic trim around it dents very easily. I was a little disappointed though to see that they didn't really do much to improve the design of the phone beyond that. It's essentially the same as the Note 3, minus the plastic frame and the faux stitching. Once you put a case on it, it will practically be indistinguishable from last years model. The software improvements didn't sound that exciting to me personally, but it was already a great phone to begin with. Plus I believe the Samsung phones are all beating Apple's phones in terms of the memory they come equipped with. Some reports have indicated the iPhone 6 will only have 1GB, while the Note 3 has 3GB.

8. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    Note 2 is better than any iPhone that will ever get out.

Yeah, I'm a fanboy, but I am one for a reason. Well, reasonS.

The most important one is customization - I love toying with new ROMs, UIs, etc. But I can see that not everyone likes that. Still, it's a huge plus.

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Well, if i have to choose between these 2 smartphones, I'd go for the Apple product. I can only expect nothing but the best when it comes to Apple products. Apple is called the leader in technology and innovation for a reason. I actually can't wait what's in store for us in iPhone 6 although i can say I'm not getting it anytime soon. Actually, i don't think I'll ever get one. Based on the leaked photos, iPhone 6 is a a lot bigger than iPhone 5s and i don't like extremely huge screen so i'll probably stick with iPhone 5s forever. lol