Iphone Se Price Drop

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Apr 4, 2016.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never liked the design of the new iPhones and have always maintained that I liked the iPhone 5s design the most so I was glad that they released a new phone with the same design which even comes out as cheaper, in this new SE design. However, it's still of course a bit pricey and I know I'll be kicking myself if I buy it at full price only to have it drop down in price in a year. So I'm hoping someone here could give me some advice on whether I should buy one now or if I should wait for a price drop. If it will get cheaper in a year I can wait but if it will more or less remain the same price I would just buy it now.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It will get cheaper in a year - that's a guarantee. However, how low the price drop would get, only the company knows. For now, we can anticipate a decrease of a few dollars. By that time, though, you may feel like the phone's already so outdated because new models will then start cropping up. If you're willing to stick by the said phone, then by all means wait for a year or 6 months. Be on the lookout for sales and promos.

3. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I have been looking at a few reviews online and so far no one has given the SE a thumbs up! These are guys with millions of viewers and so they have some clout when it comes to tech stuff. If people don't like SE that much, just like the reviewers don't, then the price will drop fast.

Also, I heard someplace that the prices will likely drop after Aug/Sep when the fall semester starts across the country. You should atleast wait till then.

4. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    You'll know what I mean when you look at the following review already has almost a million views! And he just pummeled SE in the first minute. Half the people I know won't even go beyond that first minute since this guy already said its not worth it in as many words. Check it out yourself:

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Aw, I'm on the other side here since I do love the iPhone SE. I have an iPhone 5S and I love its compactness and design. I also love that it has the features of the iPhone 6 but it's smaller and cuter. Lol.

Anyway, with regards to the price drop, there's no doubt that the price of the SE will drop in months or at the most, in a year. If I were you, I would wait it up. Since not a lot of people like it, then there might be an oversupply and it's highly likely that the price would go very low. At least I'm hoping so I can get it! Lol.

Always, always look for sales online. Right now, we have a local online store that constantly gives discounted prices on gadgets. I'm thinking of buying my new phone from there. So try to find some online shops that constantly put sales and discounts on gadgets.

Good luck!

6. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I love my iPhone 5s as well. I actually don't hate the SE per se, but its just that reviewers have been pummeling it constantly. Maybe people like bigger gigantic phones, I have a tab for that and I think there should be a difference in size between a phone and a tab. Not that anyone agrees with me. Seems people like size, just like these reviewers.
    Steve jobs was all about slicker, slimmer, faster, more compact. That's why we went from those old powerbooks, to macbooks, to macbook airs, and so on. Maybe they need new design guys or something.