Ireland

Discussion in Travel started by brittanyt28 • Jun 6, 2013.

1. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever been to Ireland. I have always wanted to go. I've got some Irish blood. I'm from the USA, and I know that my families started out in England, Poland, and Ireland. I've always wanted to travel overseas. I hope to someday. Has anyone had any experience with traveling to Ireland? I have always wanted to go there because it seems like it would be so beautiful.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think we all have idealistic views on far away countries, the reality is usually slightly different. I have been to Ireland a few times, it is not far from England.

Ireland has some wonderful natural beauty and there are lovely cities like Cork. It depends where you go, some parts are beautiful and other parts are not very nice at all.

3. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Last year I visited Dublin with my friends. There I visited many places National Botanic Gardens, Chester Beatty Library, Kilmainham Gaol, St. Stephen's Green, Phoenix Park, National Museum of Ireland – Archaeology and Farmleigh House and Estate. These all places were fabulous and attractive. We spent a great time there.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I really hope you get to go! I have always wanted to go too but have only had close friends who have went. They said it was everything they had hoped for and then some. I think if you wanted to go a cheaper way and see more you could find try and find a cheap flight to England (Heathrow is one of their international airports). Then you could take the train through parts of England and maybe take a ferry boat to Ireland (or a flight). Some friends I know of who have spend weeks throughout Europe, stayed in youth hostels that they found to be very safe despite the community living environment. This might be a cheaper way for you to have your dream vacation. Also, depending where you are flying out from - check the prices of nearby big cities as opposed to flying out of the town where you are from (unless of course you are from a big city). Happy planning! Even if a trip takes years to plan for, that is half the fun! And afterwards you will have a lifetime of wonderful memories. Even the parts that don't go the way you planned make for a good story.

5. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    Go! It's so worth the expenses. I am mostly Irish and have been four times since I was 16. It's a beautiful place and has such a rich and awesome history. The scenery is beautiful and I love the local legend and lore. If you go make sure you kiss the blarney stone. It's supposed to grant you a power in your life to be influential in your daily dealings. When I came home last time my luck was better than ever and I actually got a raise and promotion at work. Take the trip. You will not regret making that decision.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a dear friend from Ireland who keeps inviting me for years now, but somehow I never had the time or money to take up his very kind offer. From what he, and also other friends tell me, Ireland is an amazing place. I am planning to go there in spring next year. The country side is absolutely spectacular. And the people are welcoming and friendly. :)
    I'd say go and check it out for yourself. :)