Is Anyone Decluittering For Spring?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by ACSAPA • Mar 23, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are any of you guys decluttering and doing deep cleaning for spring? I moved 4 months ago and in the process, I've unearthed boxes of perfectly useful things that I never use or look at, so I've been doing a combination of eBay selling, swapping with friends, and listing bigger items on Craigslist.

There are some things that I didn't want to let go of ,but as I'm seeing things walking out the door, I actually feel lighter and freer. It's also humbling to see how much money I've wasted over the years on things and stuff. Is anyone else spring cleaning and getting rid of stuff? If you're selling it, do you have plans for the money? After selling my old Tamagotchi virtual pets on eBay, I made a payment on my credit card with the money. After selling a metal plant stand, I put the money into my Ally savings account.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I have been doing a lot of spring cleaning and decluttering, but I still have some things to do. They have a spring cleanup here where you can put all of your trash and junk outside and they'll come and pick it up for free, so we got rid of a lot of things then. Plus, I've been organizing things around the house, but I still have more that I want to do.

3. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I love spring cleaning! Well, I think I would love it more if I could hire someone to do it for me lol. However I do really like going through the house and getting rid of old clothes that are torn, stained or outgrown. Going through my kids toy box and getting rid of broken and forgotten toys. I have thrown out or given away so much of my stuff but I still have a long ways to go. I really want to get rid of everything we don't use, but it's going to take a while.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find it hard to sell things by myself so eventually I just gave up and sold all my PS2 games to the pawn shop and record store. I didn't get much for them but at least they are out of this apartment and I'm sure I wouldn't have succeeded with all the competition out there. I'm terrible at marketing/advertising and pricing. I am planning to possibly sell the system on Amazon. Maybe I'll have a better shot with that.
    The management at this complex has an annual yard sale and hopefully we'll do even better than last year. Apparently the date they had last year didn't give as good a turnout as they hoped but I think we got 20 dollars then. I really think they should do 2 a year but maybe the date does make a difference. I think I have a lot more of my stuff to sell this time too.