Is anyone using a Chromebook?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Colebra • Aug 18, 2014.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I saw a couple of reviews yesterday, and I got mixed feelings about it.
    The thing is that the OS, apparently won't run full on applications like Photoshop and stuff like that.
    Photoshop is not really the deal breaker for me, but I'm afraid that the OS is too simple...

How's the text editor tools and stuff like that?
    Do you use a Chromebook, and are you happy with it?

2. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use one, but I am looking forward to buying one as soon as I go to college. Most laptops aren't as cheap as Chromebooks and Chromebooks still offer everything I need for college. Most of them are also really light, so I don't have to carry around a huge laptop all day. I'll still keep my old laptop for programs that don't run on ChromeOS, but I think Chromebooks are a great deal for college students.

3. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a Chromebook, but I can answer some of your questions. Earlier this year, Google partnered with VMware to produce software that will allow Chromebook users run Windows programs. When you run it, it makes a virutal windows machine in which you can then run Windows programs. I'm not sure if it's powerful enough to run Photoshop, though. The text editor that comes with it is google docs, you can try them out on

. If you don't like them, you can still run Office on the virtual Windows machine. Any apps from the Chrome store would be available on the OS, so you can check the store out to see what apps you could run.