Is Destiny going to be better than Halo?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Nov 5, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Halo was a first person shooter that was specifically developed by Bungie for Microsoft's Xbox console. But now that Bungie has been released from Microsoft's bonds, the developer can now make a game for whatever console it wants. Bungie now set its sights on the PS4 with its new FPS game entitled Destiny. Here's a sample gameplay video and tell us what you think:
    [video=youtube;bQPKeWquQto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQPKeWquQto[/video]
    Is destiny poised to be better than Halo?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I watched the Destiny video on the PS4 release conference and it looks pretty amazing.

To ask whether it will be better than Halo is a massive question though. Halo is a one of a kind and I think it will be a tough job to match it, let alone be better. Can't really say too much until I've played it though.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha, true. But they have a lot of similarities with the futuristic earth, aliens, weapons and stuff. But Destiny seems to have a more open, non-linear world to it as compared to Halo. In Halo, it seemed as though the game took you by the hand while in Destiny, it seems as though you could do whatever you want whenever you want. Maybe it would boil down to your preference.