Is it A Good Time To Get Into Alternative Energy?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • May 28, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I first started to get interested with alternative energy - such as solar or wind power - about 6-8 years ago, and at the time, I imagined the trend getting more popular as time went by and the products became cheaper, but judging from how much it's talked about today, it doesn't seem to me that it has become any more mainstream now than it was back then.

Is there anyone here who who currently uses or is getting into it at present? I'm wondering why it's not more common seeing as the claims are usually that you'd get to save a lot in the long run. Should I start looking into it now or would it be wiser to wait a few more years before buying equipment, presuming that they would be cheaper by then?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I'd say yes because solar panels have gotten much cheaper in many areas. Therefore, it's a no-brainer to go this route due to the fact you would be saving money along with helping the environment. In addition, if you live in a sunny climate like Australia or California, then you have an even larger motive to go green.

A lot of people are opposed to environmental reasons for political reasons. For instance, Republicans don't like it much and also groups like coal miners are resentful - due to lost jobs.

3. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I think this will be a right time for you to buy because we are planning to use solar energy a lot to conserve and limit the usage of electricity and save money. Though the initial cost would be higher it would be worth spending your money on them.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    It's always a good time to enter in the alternative energy market. Fossil energy will expire, but the main reason is that alternative energies are not only cheaper, but with them with are helping the planet too. Sure, it's an investment, but one of those that pays off double.

5. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    We are currently using Solar energy at home. The installation costs high, maintenance would cost you a bit too, but it did help a lot with our monthly bills.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I thnk there is a lot involved in setting up your own solar but you might want plan how much energy you need and then go from there. I think the prices may come down more every year,and they have a lot of portable solar power generators as well that maybe could be nice for some amount of power. The company called Goal Zero makes a bigger one,but I am not sure about how much power this would generate though.

7. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    Better earlier than later..
    We do/use solar-power generation at my grandparents'. It's quite amazing when you get used to solar power..Anyway, I'll have to say, the more you wait, the more the economy trend is rising..and soon you're gonna be forced by circumstance/ self-will (aging) to go start a lifetime in country-living.. Get used to it in advance, not to mention -it saves you alot.

8. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I think it would be good to get into solar energy. I guess it does save us lots of cost in long term. I also heard that the installation fee has become less expensive. If I can afford the installation and maintenance fee, I would go for it. But at the moment, we can't work on that yet.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since a long time ago, we were already interested in clean energy particularly the solar power. I remember in the 1990s when I inquired with the Puckett Solar company here about their solar power system. It was very expensive and the salesman admitted that the investment can be recouped in 30 years. And now there are cheaper solar panels that are sold for $100 only, they are made in China and has no guarantee - buy at your own risk. In short, my research found that solar power is not yet viable for personal use.

10. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, the time has come when everybody should be thinking about alternative energy, renewal energy or green energy. World population is growing every day, the growing population is consuming resources in such a way that soon there will be nothing left for the future generation. We should end our dependency on fossil fuel and concentrate on alternative energy such as solar, wind, hydro, biogas etc.