Is It All Pharmacies, Or Just The Ones Here?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by LilAnn • Aug 2, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I am on 8 medications a month, regularly, and occasionally a medication that is temporary. I have tried every pharmacy in the area from Walgreen's to Walmart to the mom and pop spot in town. It seems like everybody working behind the counter is extremely rude and enjoys making you wait as long as possible. They make over 200$ a month of my regular prescriptions. I don't ask for much, I promise. I just want to get my meds filled with the use of my rx coverage. There is a certain way things have to be done because of my insurance. They ignore me when I tell them which scripts to run through my insurance, and which ones to give me the 4$ script for. I can't afford for them to get it wrong. But they ignore me and then spend a half hour talking to each other and on the phone, I get just a little annoyed. I don't understand, if all they know about me is that I'm on that many "crazy meds", why would they want to eff with me?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've noticed this as well. On one hand, I could understand them not wanting customers to rush them - screwing up someone's prescription could be lethal, and cost them their job, not to mention cause them and their employer to be sued. They could kiss their career and all the money they spent going to school for it goodbye if they made a critical mistake.

But at the same time, you would think they would want to listen to you, so as not to waste so much time screwing up the billing each month. I don't see why they cant just leave some notes on file with your customer profile. They've gotta have some record of you in their database as a customer. Practically every database allows you to enter in some notes on a given record.

Maybe you could write it all down in a concise list and give it to them instead?

3. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say about the pharmacists where I live. They are fast and efficient. They talk to you about any new prescriptions to make sure that you know how to take they and theh tell you all the side effects. I get excellent care.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We're really lucky in the UK - there is a flat fee for any precription so it's really just a case of waiting around for them to fill it. They're usually helpful and informative too.

5. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Thats a good idea. Honestly, I'm about at my wits end with these people.

Thats how CVS is. I just don't have one around me to be able to get my meds there :(

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's really sad that you have to put up with such rude treatment. It's difficult enough not being in your best health and having to receive 8 medications, and on top of that you have to endure moody sales people. I have this attitude to point out to everyone who is rude to me that I am not happy with the way they talk to me or the vibrations that I receive from them. I actually often ask: "Are you having a bad day, today?" To which I get surprised and often arrogant answers. Then I usually reply: "Well, if you are not having a bad day, then try not to make it bad for others."

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It maybe just where you are, but most people I know leave your prescription and then come back later. In your case, being charming to the regular pharmacist works much better than 'demanding' they listen. You need them so it's like anything, be nice and they maybe nice back. The customer that stands there demanding and insisting usually gets their order done last and without any hurry. That's life; it's a game at times and you have to play it to get what you want.

8. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    I feel for you LilAnn and particularly so- as although having to deal with rude sales people is difficult at the best of times - its way harder when not in good health.

Unfortunately however - as my response to bad customer service is generally very similar to that of Dora M and if that doesn't work - as I don't think that there is ever any excuse for sales staff to be rude customers - I normally go elsewhere and do to some extent agree that its generally best to stay calm and pleasant - especially as getting annoyed or angry generally doesn't achieve anything - I have to be honest and say that I don't quite know what to else to suggest - particularly as - because you've already tried so many pharmacies in your area - I thinking that the problem may possibly just be related to where you are.

Fortunately pharmacists are quite the opposite where I live - in fact I'd even go so far as to say that they are excellent - as not only do they offer help with minor ailments and have each customers medications recorded on an easy to access data base - but are attentive and considerate and will even go out of their way to help - for example - if there is a cheaper more cost effective equivalent medication to the brand prescribed - they will always give you the option of buying the less expensive alternative - even though they have nothing to gain by doing that - which is always greatly appreciated as everyone here has to pay in full for all their medication.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am only on one med and they are OK at the grocery store pharmacy that I use although I think they think I am weird and that gets on my nerves, but my roomie has many meds he takes and he has lots of problems with the pharmacy he uses in town. I don;t think it is so much they are rude to him but they want to keep calling him when his meds are ready and things like that, or auto filling prescriptions he is not ready to pick up. They do various things to annoy him.

10. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    My pharmacy, (the nearest one), is a half hour away. They are the opposite pf what your roomie deals with. They don't call if there was a problem. They wait until I show up to tell me there's an issue. Thats too long of a drive just to accomplish nothing. I have gotten to the point that i call before I leave the house and have them read the scripts to me and the prices.