Is It Reliable To Buy 3ds Flashcard From Online Shop?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by joanna • May 31, 2016.

1. joanna

joannaNew Member

Threads:
    Recently, i found an online shop named

, it's mainly sell different kinds of video game accessories. Because I just received a Nintendo new 3ds console as birthday gift, so i plan to buy a flashcard. Do you have any suggestion? But i heard the flashcard is illegal, is it reliable to buy 3DS flashcard from online shop?

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Mmm. I never bought flashcards myself but got several friends that do and I personally dabble with those. The problem is not choosing a flashcard but the firmware it uses to exploit some security vulnerabilities to allow backups saved in your sd memory card to be loaded and be played. Of course, is
    illegal if you don't own a legal copy for any of those games. But the device is yours and therefore you can do with it as you please.

Anyway, I suggest to check the firmware for the flashcard you are going to buy. The R4i 3ds wood are quite popular.

3. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I tried to get one semi-recently. Had a hard time finding a place that wasn't super sketchy and that had what I was looking for. Like the poster above me said, it is illegal if you don't own a copy of any of those games, but if you don't care than good for you, haha. Good luck! I'd also looking on more popular places, like reddit and see what come up there.

4. joanna

joannaNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks very much for your reply! We can download the firmware from the official website, right?

5. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I bought a flashcart online last year and I would say that you are pretty safe in buying one. I unfortunately had trouble ever formatting it correctly and have never been able to use it. I imagine though that you will be able to manage it as many people use flashcarts all the time. However, it is technically piracy, so keep that in mind. I only bought my flashcart to play the English patch of a Japanese only Fire Emblem game, but even then, it is still illegal.

6. joanna

joannaNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your answer, i know this game. Fire Emblem If have two different version: Birthright and Conquest. Fire Emblem If - Birthright focus on the peace, while the target of Fire Emblem If - Conquest is for supremacy. Both of them are released by Nintendo on dated May 20th, and won the highest score from players among the latest released 3DS games.
    As i know, Sky3ds can play the latest 3DS game.

Birthright.

Conquest.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I would be hesitant if it were me. When it comes to game consoles and just gadgets in general I know they can get very picky so I try to buy official whenever I can. At most I'd probably buy from this site only if I were sure that they had an easy enough return policy wherein I can be sure I can send back the item without question if it ends up not being compatible with my device. I've had experiences wherein I bought cheap accessories and when I got them they weren't recognized by my device so thankfully I was able to send them back fairly easy enough.

8. joanna

joannaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm very greatful that you could share us your experience. Could you give me a suggestion for my 3ds console?

9. jademell

jademellNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, so old post, can I still reply?

10. kylewalkerup

kylewalkerupNew Member

Threads:
    If the shop has good reviews then why not?

11. kylewalkerup

kylewalkerupNew Member

Threads:
    In fact, you can buy good quality in cheap rate from online shops

12. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, It is.