Is it Worth it to Get A 3DS?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Spectre456 • Sep 17, 2014.

1. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Or should I wait for the "New" 3DS to come out. I ask because the 3DS has gotten very cheap over the years and it seems like a good time to grab one. I love Nintendo games so I know I'll give it a good amount of use. I'm worried that the new games they'll release in the future won't work on older consoles though. I was wondering if any of you had read or heard something about this.

2. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I say a 3ds is only good to get if you really are into playing games on a handheld. There are so many games coming out for the 3ds such as Super Smash Bros. Games like Super Smash Bros. will eventually be able to cross platform and play against those who have the Wii U online.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I say just wait for the "New" 3DS but I don't think it's coming to America soon. But the price of the 3DS is really enticing now. I don't own a 3DS but I'm planning on purchasing the New one once it hit stores because I'm worried that the architecture might not be the same as the old 3DS so if I buy one now then I just wasted it.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I decided to wait for the new one since my brother barely uses his and told me I could borrow it indefinitely. I've been playing Fire Emblem Awakening and tried out the Smash demo and they're both great.
    Also, I did a bit of research, and I don't know what the exact changes are for the "new" 3DS, but I did read that Xenoblade Chronicles will be released and it won't work on older 3DS.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some pretty good games on the 3DS. There are even special versions of games that are only on the 3DS. I do think you should get a 3DS. It's quite different from the old DS handhelds.

6. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    My son had the 3DS and didn't like it. He took it to the local game store and traded in for a old timer DS. He's more satisfied with his trade in then his newer 3ds. I'm not all exactly sure on why he didn't like it but he didn't.

7. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    The price is not that bad and there are a few good games released to make a purchase worthwhile. I don't own a 3DS yet (waiting for Christmas) but I'll buy one just so I can play The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Bravely Default. Bravely Default looks pretty awesome and a sequel is in the works if I'm not mistaken. If you're a fan of Nintendo and handhelds in general you can't go wrong with a 3DS.