Is online shopping really suggestible?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by margarito • Nov 24, 2013.

1. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    Hello guys,

I always wonder listening to many threads saying online shopping is always the best. I didn't find it true for myself in all my experiences with it so far. I always try online shopping for clothes and there are almost negligible cases with actual satisfaction after receiving the product. I find something or the other defect with it. Not that they are all damages to the dresses, it is also the lack of fitting. I couldn't even get it altered outside and it resulted in a great loss to me.
    Few say that the quality of the material are site dependent and purchasing from few sites are really worth it. But I recently tried it from a top site and finally got the dress delivered with a damage in it. For this reason I couldn't always trust online shopping.
    Do any of you have same experiences like this so far? Or do you all stand onside towards online shopping? State your views here.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    There are some great deals that you could find online especially when you're looking for used stuff. Those are definitely more affordable online. But if you'll be looking for shoes, I won't suggest online shopping because their sizes could vary.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't always trust it either, but it's easier. I mostly shop in places I know I can return it locally if anything is wrong with the item.

4. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Shopping online is cheaper and more convenient in some specific cases, but most my shopping is not online sure. I never had issues buying online though, so I'm expecting to buy more and more online.

5. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    Online buying and shopping at present has a lot of advantages and disadvantages. In some cases you are even forced to buy things online, especially if you want an item that is not in your country or province and the only way to get it its through the net, then in that case, you will choose to either not have it or buy online.

In many situations though, people buy things online because they are cheaper from a foreign country to sell in their own country. Places such as Amazon that are reputable, can really make online buying seem as easy as buying over the counter. I would therefore say its a matter of preference from a person.

Others even with groceries and clothing buy online, saying that they enjoy the convenience that comes with it. The fact that you do not have to leave your house, you can do things at your own time without any hassles of standing in long ques.

6. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had much of a problem with online shopping. I only buy one or two clothing items at a time before buying a lot of things from a website. Sometimes the quality is crappy, so I don't buy anything else from the site.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of things online with no problem. But I don't buy my clothing online. I am very particular about my clothing. I need to try things on. The one exception is that I purchased a coat online. I saw the coat in a major department store and loved it. I checked online to see if I could get it for a cheaper price. I found the exact same coat for $50 cheaper so I bought it.

I have purchased shoes online with no problem. I choose websites that I trust. I also buy brand named shoes. I haven't had any problems.

8. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    It all depends on what you are buying and where you are buying it from. If you are buying retail off the rack items, stick to the brand name websites. Gap, Old Navy, J. Crew have very good websites. They have all the inventory the physical stores do (perhaps a bit more) and they will have more supply. They have sale sections on the websites as well. Definitely check out coupon websites for even more savings. As these stores are traditional retail stores, there is no problem with ordering with them. You always get what you expect, and should there be a problem you could always return it in a physical store. Sometimes there is free shipping and no sales tax, depending on the store and what state you live in.

9. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I think online shopping can be hit or miss. There is a lot of room for companies to total misrepresent what they are selling and if those companies don't offer great return policies, online shopping can quickly loose its benefit. I rarely buy clothes online, but when I do, I usually know what the return policy is and tend to favor stores that I can return items to a local store, rather than have to ship them back. So, all in all, I tend to only buy clothes from retailers I am familiar with both online and in-store.

10. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I still buy most of my personal items from the mall or supermarket chains. I just feel more secure knowing that the item I am buying is exactly what I want when it comes to size, construction and materials used. With online shopping they can do a lot to enhance an item. Meaning they can make the item look more desirable than it really is. Even when you can zoom into a picture of the item you can still miss a lot of important details. I recently bought a bag online and although it is the real deal the materials used was flimsier than I expected. That was something I could not have been able to verify. The specifications like size, color, materials used were correct, the fact that the fabric was thinner than I expected would not have been indicated.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In some cases buying stuff online is better especially if it's a digital product that we're talking about because you get what you pay for instantly and the product will be in good working order if you buy it from a vendor whose reputation is good. For many other items however, there's considerable risk involved especially if you're buying second-hand. . .

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think online shopping is great, but you have to find sellers and sites you like and most of all figure out which products are best for you to buy online and offline. I personally don't buy many items online that might require returning like clothes that might not fit. Also, I try to test the seller with one or two smaller items first so I know the standard they keep.

13. jessicadnguyen

jessicadnguyenNew Member

Threads:
    I usually only shop online when I see free shipping because a lot of places have insane shipping costs that make the convenience of online shopping not really worth it. I like shopping online because it's convenient and I can do it in my pajamas at home. But sometimes, you do have the issue of not being able to try on the clothes and seeing how it looks like you in person. I try to buy items I know will fit regardless of body type, like sweaters or jackets, online. I save things like jeans or dresses for in person shopping. Shopping online is also convenient when you want to buy from international sellers. I like purchasing Korean clothes but there are few Korean stores in my area. So I use online retailers like YesStyle to get my Korean clothes fix. :)

14. Sarah Ali

Sarah AliNew Member

Threads:
    When I first started shopping online I was disappointed with most of my purchases. After a while I learned where, what and how to shop online, and now I'm always expecting packages that I forget what I have ordered. You just need to be careful and read all the details and measurements. But I have to say, with clothes, it's better to try them on first and you can't do that when you shop online, so I always play it safe and just buy jeans and t-shirts. Except for that one time when a found this beautiful coat on nordstrom.com and I just couldn't not buy it. It looked like the type that suits my body shape, so I decided to take a risk and I have no regrets.
    Anyways, I'm happy with %100 of my recent purchases. I just needed the experience.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Prices of things online are much cheaper as compared to their store prices, but it really isn't advisable to buy things online that are meant to be fitted, because chances are they might not fit. I have mostly good experiences when I shop online, although there was this one item where the battery cover did not fit the device because it wasn't placed in a box, so it was slightly smushed while in transit.

16. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    Yes online shopping is a very good option to buy different different things in this busy life. Now a days people becomes very busy and they do not have time to go out for shopping. On online shopping you may find various discount and deals which is financial beneficial also.

17. ColleenSullivan

ColleenSullivanNew Member

Threads:
    Yes online shopping is very very useful in busy life. Most of time i shopping online and this is very helpful for me in my busy life.

18. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I would say online shopping is good depending on the goods that you're shopping for. I wouldn't suggest purchasing clothing online because it's better to actually try them on and see what they actually look like rather than seeing a picture online; though if you've already seen it in a store and it's only available online in your size, then there's no harm. I prefer purchasing DVDs online because they're much cheaper, just a few days ago they had Barbie movies for $3! Retail is about $20, so I took advantage and purchased some for gifts, pretty good if you ask me.

19. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping online, because you can always find what you want and get a better deal as well. I shop online more than I shop in stores.

20. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I said this before. I mostly buy online services and virtual goods, but I may buy from stores too.

Mostly I buy from those stores that have a physical counterpart in the city, as in example Walmart, so that I know that what they are offering online is just the same I saw at the store, but many times buying online is more convenient either because some special discounts apply, or simply to avoid go to the store and carry the stuff, when they can deliver it without needing to do anything else but order from the comfort of home.