Is The Nutri Bullet Blender Worth It Over A Regular Blender?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mmegs00 • Oct 19, 2015.

1. mmegs00

mmegs00New Member

Threads:
    There seems to be a new fad going around: The Nutri Bullet. Do you find that this is a better value over other brands of blenders?
    It appears that the Nutri Bullet has a large following online. It seems to be the second product, following the footsteps of the Magic Bullet. Have you found that you lead a healthier lifestyle with this new, specific kind of blender?

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have considered buying the Nutri Bullet. I think I saw it at Costco for around $70 not too long ago. My best friend has one and loves it. She make morning smoothies using it. She really likes the different cups so that each person has their own and she gets them filled the night before with fruit and yogurt and in the morning just blends it. She tells me the Nutribullet does a better job at pulverizing the fruit and veggies she puts in than a regular blender. So I think if you had this kind of blender you would be more inclined to use it for smoothies.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use a blender that much, so I'm not familiar with either the Magic Bullet or the Nutri Bullet. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two? I assume they're made by the same company? I have a blender, but it's on its last legs, so I will potentially be in the market for one soon.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was very curious about this blender, because it sounds very interesting. I'm also looking for a blender/smoothie maker, and need something that looks good win the eye. I must say I really like the look of the Magic Bullet, and love the price even more LOL Sadly, I have a feeling I won't find it here :(

5. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    As a rule, there will almost always be a cheaper version of something able to be ordered from China directly. Meaning shipped from China to your house, no middle man.

But what about "quality?"

Keep in mind that most stuff you you use is made in China anyhow. If you are willing to wait for a long delivery, order a knock-off from eBay. I do it a lot and am rarely disappointed.

Tiny blenders are good, I assume, for small spaces. My living quarters are minimal, so, I wouldn't mind one!

Thanks for reading! :)

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I always use really cheap blenders, and I'm pretty satisfied....

If you're willing to pay a premium go for it.
    $ 70 isn't even that much...
    It's up to you.

Just don't fall for marketing BS...

No human being ever came to this conclusion. It never happened. Literally.

A healthier lifestyle is pretty simple math:

More exercise + Healthier Food Choices + Quality Sleep + Less stress + More hapiness in general + Try to get laid as often as you can.

A blender can't do all of these, right? Now matter how fabulous it is.

I don't know what you're planning to do with it.
    I just use it to blend soup, and facilitate the vegetable intake in general.

Hope it helps.
    Look around the forum. There's a bunch of blender reviews you that might help you.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have a similar one and I'm not too sure but I think it's even a generic or semi generic brand but I think it works fine. It's not always fun for us to bring the blender out because it's so big and it takes a bit of effort to clean but the mini blender is just right for about one or two servings which is great for us since we only ever really need to make one or two servings at a time. I find that we have been making a lot more healthy shakes ever since we got the mini blender and I think it's helping us eat mire healthy since we usually use it to make thick health shakes as a snack instead of junk food.

8. MichelleVL

MichelleVLMember

Threads:
    Hi Megs. I have both the Nutri Bullet and an Oster Blender. Truthfully, after trying them both, I would have to say that the Oster Blender is better. The blender can process fruits and vegetables better, and you can carry out more things with it all around. With the Nutri Bullet I ended with up with clumps of fruit or vegetables in my smoothies, and with the Oster Blender I didn't. In a way I felt restricted with what I could and couldn't do with the Nutri Bullet for fear of breaking it. This was just my experience, so you might want to hear more reviews that could maybe prove the Nutri Bullet is better after all. Best of Luck.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would rather save up and get one of those Vitamix blenders to be honest. But I can see some advantages of the smalle Nutribullet as well. One of the main problems I have when trying to make a single serving of anything in my regular blender, is that if you don't have enough "stuff" in the blender, it just doesn't blend it - everything gets stuck to the side and you have to keep stopping and scraping it down so the blade can mix it. The only other option is to make a larger batch, which I will often end up wasting the rest of.

But I have heard some complaints about the smaller blenders such as the Nutribullet not having a strong enough motor to handle stuff like ice, and they were reports of some people's units getting burned out when trying to blend ice in them too often. Even your standard $40 blender will often struggle with ice, so I can't imagine these smaller blenders being much better.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find most smaller blenders to do a good job, but that's because of the placement of the blades. There are larger ones with better placement as well, but so far, I haven't owned one myself. My large blender is quite good, but my smaller one is better. Aside from that, the speed is the most important thing.. the faster the blend, the better.. so don't be fooled by commercials and popularity. Look into the specs and see what it does compared to others. Either way, it's convenient and will encourage better eating habits :)

11. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I came to say pretty much this.
    I just use my blender to make smoothies, I have an immersion blender for most other recipes like soup.
    A good stick blender is about $20 and that's the price of a cheap blender.
    So for less then the cost of a fancy blender I am getting two items that do a lot more together.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have had a Nutribullet for the better part of six months, or a little more over that now, and we are very happy with the results. But we don't have anything to compare it to, as we did not have a blender before then. It is our first blender, and we are very satisfied with the results, so to us it is worth every penny.

13. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I also have the nutri bullet and love it! I bought the warranty so when I broke they sent me a new one. A nutribullet is great for making smoothies however I don't use it for anything else. It depends what you want it for. If you only plan on making smoothies I'd recommend it. However if you want a blender to make other things as well I'd stick with a regular blender. The only bad part about the nutri bullet is that it's a serving for 1. So if you like entertaining and making blended drinks for all, I'd stick with a regular blender.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only just recently figured out how to use it, on my healthier diet journey, and literally, I cannot believe how simple it is to use. And not just that, but how easy it is to also clean, and get prepared for another blending. It is amazing. I don't know if it is the best appliance, because I have no experience with other blenders.