Is the trend coming back? (Simple black shirts)

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by violatoR • Oct 30, 2013.

1. violatoR

violatoRNew Member

Threads:
    I've recently finished watching the last season of Californication. The main character, mister Hank Moody is always with his simple, black shirt. I keep on wondering whether or not that's trendy. It seems to be lacking expressionism, it's just so blank. On the other hand, maybe that's what we're looking for right now. So what do you think, is simple the new trend?

2. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think black shirts have gone out of style yet. I think black shirts will be in style for a long time. I don't see any reason to why black shirts aren't in style now. I like black shirts my self, but I have been into purchasing V-neck shirts more now. I think they fit better, and they are more into style than any other type of shirt today.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Simple shirts has always been in for like, decades already. Do you notice that Simon Cowell also wears a plain black shirt on every reality show that he judges on? So plain black shirts or any color of shirt has always been a trend.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't really see it as a trend, it's just that every generation will have that particular type of people who will prefer it. In short, I think black T-shirts are always in style, it's kind of like the women's black dress.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's classic, goes with everything, can be dressed up a little with the right clothes, can be dressed waaay down lol. It's never going "out".

6. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    In my opinion, I would never say black is out of trend. My favorite color is black not only because it's dark, it brings a complete elegance to the one who wear it. It is always a trendy color which is best suited for most of the occasions in which standing out uniquely is the main point target. People in jet black surely attract others in some way or the other. I don't recommend a pale shade of black as it looks dim, but I only prefer jet black.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always worn simple t shirt for every day casual sometimes even when I go out I don't like too much color or too much fancy I like simple and cute! :)

8. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I think the simple black shirt will never go out of style. Just like with the plain white shirt, it may change shape and length, but that's about it. There will always be people who prefer to wear minimal colors. It's a classic look. And again it will never go out of style. You will be able to wear it 7 years later.

9. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I like wearing black because it goes with everything. I will often wear a black tee, some straight-legged jeans, and top that casual outfit off with a pair of black heels. I like simplicity. In fact, most of the shirts that I won are very basic and simple. But I prefer it that way. I have for a while. I do like to wear dresses in the spring and summer, though.

10. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    Black is one my favorite colors for clothing. As stated above, black t-shirts go with anything basically. I have a couple plain black t-shirt that I would throw on with a pair of jeans when I'm running to the grocery story or even when I just want to be laid back for the day. I would mix it up somethings by throwing on a cardigan over my black shirt.

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Yes I do believe that trends just do really come and go and then will come back again. This is why it's not wise to just throw away clothes. You'll never know when they will be trendy again.

12. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    I can't say whether or not it's "trendy" right now wearing a black shirt but I don't think it needs to be. A black shirt always works and always has, I think. It never goes out of style.

13. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    Simple shirts have never gone out of style. Solid colors will always be in style since it's so simple and it'll fit with any type of clothing you're wearing more than half of the time.

14. tony

tonyNew Member

Threads:
    Black shirts are very much still in vogue, just that this days it is not always blank, it usually has something writing on it i.e police e.t.c

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Black shirts are classic and I don't think they're a "trend". They never went out of style. Just like jeans, t shirts and little black dresses, black shirts are always in style.

16. Mina

MinaMember

Threads:
    On the contrary, I think stylish looking guys is the new trend, for example the guys in One Direction band and Gossip Girl show are always stylish and rarely you see them wearing a simple black shirt and a pair of jeans.

17. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    The point with black shirts is that you have all the freedom to make it look fab based on your taste. You can accessorize it or pair it with really nice bags or shoes. Black shirts will never be out of fashion because of the possibilities that you can do with it. I personally like black cotton shirts for anything, especially for work. I use a lot of chunky necklaces to accessorize it.

18. Nicole87

Nicole87Member

Threads:
    I don't know whether it's trendy or not, but I do like to wear one-colored simple shirts. Usually white or black, on rare occasions light gray as well. I don't like colorful shirts with messages on them because if I wear one I feel a bit childish. However, I don't mind other people wearing those kind of shirts.

19. bms00

bms00Member

Threads:
    A plain black shirt isn't necessarily trendy but it will never go out of style and never not match whatever you're wearing it with. It's not going to win you any style awards either, but certainly a black t-shirt doesn't look trashy like a white t-shirt.