Is the WiiU worth your money?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Apr 11, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Wii U is the predecessor to the highly successful Nintendo game console Wii. The console brings another fad to the table - a tablet controller. It also has better graphical capabilities than the original Wii. However, I don't feel the urge to buy the console just yet. It doesn't have the same appeal as the original Wii. I don't think it's worth the price tag. What do you think?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I was recently gifted one, and I must say I wasn't entirely happy with it. Then again, I wasn't really a fan of the original Wii as well because I mostly prefer my games to be less cutesy. It does offer some good enjoyment as a novelty, but after a while the novelty fades and in my opinion, when that happens, your Wii will just begin to collect dust. I'd say if you're a fan of Nintendo games like Mario Cart, Bomber Man and Super Smash Brothers then go for it. Otherwise, there is nothing too new to be seen on the Wii U except for the new touch screen controller.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Right now? No.

Just wait 1 or 2 years, some new version with upgraded hardware will be released and the library of exclusive games will be a lot larger. Right now is just of a prototype product with lack of proper software to show it's true capacity.

4. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    Not really a great investment right now, the only redeeming game would be Monster Hunter but it's quite a niche game, not everyone enjoys it. I'd wait for the holiday's season for a couple of reasons, one would be that Nintendo will release quite an handful of titles by that time, a bit to face the incoming PS4 and Xbox, and two for a possible price drop or discount, we all know stores usually lower prices to sell more during the holidays!

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly I don't think it's worth it I played it at my friends house and it's no where near as fun as the orginal wii

6. SteeelWoool

SteeelWooolMember

Threads:
    What makes you think that? The Wii was underpowered its whole life.

7. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I've never played the WiiU yet. And I don't know anyone who has it. I also haven't seen much advertisement for it lately. Is this a bust...

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I don't really have time to play with video games lately and if I'm gonna have time for leisure, I'll make you it's the real one too and not something simulated as well. I have been so wired lately so I guess it won't be worth my money if I buy a wii.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer my screen to be large when playing video games, so I don't think that I'll be interested to purchase the Wii U. I think that pc gaming is better than portable console gaming in all aspects.

10. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For the time being, it's a bust. There's even news that some retailers have decreased the shelf space of the Wii U so that they could incorporate other things in their store. Consumers are not yet that keen on purchasing another home console. For me, I'd like to first see how the next PlayStation or the next Xbox would turn out to be.

11. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen or used a WiiU yet, but from what I can tell, it doesn't seem very interesting, and there hasn't really been too much coverage compared to the over-hyped launch of the Wii a few years ago. My family bought that, and I have to say that while games on the Wii were fun, the system was extremely underpowered, the motion tech was extremely over hyped, and the selection of games was limited and mostly didn't utilize the motion controls. I personally am not planning to get a WiiU, and for that matter, any console, until the big 3 get their acts together and put out consoles that really deliver and experience that makes me want to spend 300 dollars.

12. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I've never been a fan of the Wii, and the Wii-U is even more unappealing to me. I already own a PS3 and and an Xbox, I don't see the need for a Wii, and the Wii-U certainly doesn't seem worth the price tag either. The Wii has never been really popular compared to other gaming consoles out there, however we are yet to see how popular the Wii-U might become. I really think the name is quite unappealing too. It just sounds boring.

13. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    At this point, I'd say it's not worth it. Perhaps in the future, it'll have a more expansive library of games and the price was will be reduced.

It's quit gimmicky, but that gimmick can actually work quite well in some cases. I look forward to seeing what they do with it in the future.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you mean? The Wii U screen is your TV screen, so if you need a big screen, hook up the Wii U to a bigger TV. The Wii U is not a portable console.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some great new mature games coming out for the Wii U including Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third by the legendary Tomonobu Itagaki and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
    I'm getting a Wii U once I get out of debt, so that I can play these new releases. Lindbergh, as a fan of games with babes, you must be looking forward to Bayonetta 2.
    It's a Wii U exclusive and will also include a copy of Bayonetta 1.

16. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    I think the WiiU is surely worth it, especially because of the multitude of new games that are 1st party games that are going to be coming out this next year. Of course, Mario Kart 8 is already released, but other big name titles are coming out in late 2014 and 2015. These games include Smash Bros. for the Wii U and the title-in-progress The Legend of Zelda WiiU. These are surely going to be critical and commercial successes and are easily worth the $200 bucks you can shell out for a refurbished WiiU.

17. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    The WiiU is def worth the money with so many great games coming out and finally out for it. The 3 franchises that Nintendo has survived on: Zelda, Super Smash and Mario Kart, will all be available or already are for the system. And for me, those 3 games are worth buying the new system for.

I haven't looked much into the tablet controller, but it seems like a pretty neat concept. Probably something I'd want to try out at the store or a friends house before buying it.

18. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    Im still waiting to get one, but I plan on getting one sometime. The Wii seems like the best choice i f you have little ones that want to play a game. My children love there wii, but its getting where I would have to get the upgrade i f I want to get them any new games.

19. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well it depends on your preferences as a gamer. If you're a casual one then I guess its up your alley but if you're a hardcore gamer you might want to stick with the big guns like the Xbox and the PS4. I think the WiiU would be worth it if it has a wider variety of games but so far all I see are children's games. Of course you have the giants like Mario and Zelda but that's pretty much it.