Is there a best time to buy Make Up?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Zyni • Oct 1, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many items can be purchased at great discounts during certain seasons. So, I'm wondering if there is a best time to buy Make Up? Do they have sales on stuff when new colors come out? Does this generally occur around the time new styles and colors for fashions are released? Just a thought that struck me after looking through discussions about buying other stuff in off seasons.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on whether you mean make-up counters or make-up in pharmacies? Often new launches are the best time to buy products as they offer money off and up to date colors, usually when a color is discontinued the store will reduce it or not order anymore in. It can be hit and miss as some stores may not stock it and others will. CVS and Walgreens often do a buy one and get one half price which I think is better as you buy what you want, and if you use their coupons it can be more or less free.

On make-up counters, they can do several things, either transfer old stock to another branch or return it or they may reduce the products, but usually at sale time in the January sales. After Christmas the make-up palettes go on sale so that is a good time if you like those.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think so. Well, I am speaking based on my experience here in the Philippines. Make-ups here are not put on sale all the time because we don't really have changing seasons. Plus, all kinds and colors of makeup can be worn despite the season.

4. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Ulta is all the time giving away high end free make up in their stores. They usually advertise when and why. I do know they give birthday freebies.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information, Theo. That makes a lot of sense. The cosmetic counter sales in January sound good. Some of the things I like are pricey, especially my favorite perfume, but I might be able to treat myself if I catch a sale. Buy one get one half off sales are always nice too, so I'll watch for those. I'm not familiar with Ulta, Sweetkymom, I'll have to check it out. Thanks.