Is there a better free alternative to Adobe PDF Reader?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Jatelo2 • Sep 17, 2012.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Speaking of PDF readers, many of us have only known the Adobe brand. Are there superior but free alternatives out there. Software that would even edit PDF Files?

Please feel free to throw in a download link is possible. Thanks in advance.

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Foxit Feader! I think that this is even better than Adobe. I like this software;s simplicity and it is also lighter than Adobe. I have been using this for two years now and I could not complain anything. There;s nothing so special about it. It's just that I am not an Adobe fan. :D Except for photoshop of coarse.

3. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I just checked Foxit Reader and found out that it has commercial versions with more features that the free version. Anyway I found it very light on PC resources. Thanks very much!

4. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I have been using Nitro PDF Reader and find it quite user-friendly. I use it to fill out pdf forms, annotate them, edit files that are not locked, and print/email them. I believe most of these features are available with their free version.

5. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    I use foxit and it's great. I had so many problems with adobe reader all the time; from it trying to update every time I turned on my computer, to it not opening my files, to it crashing every few seconds if it even did open the files, etc. After updating adobe reader several times and still having issues, I moved on to foxit, and haven't looked back. Foxit also loads faster, has a bookmark tool in the free edition, and I haven't had a problem with it thus far.

6. Thorarin

ThorarinNew Member

Threads:
    I'd vote for Foxit also, really good at it's job and it's very light and contains all the features that you'll ever need. If for some reason, you don't get along with it, then you could try:

It's another light and free PDF reader, and the focus of development is all about speed. If you're using an old and slow computer (which I'm guessing you are from your post history) then it's worth a shot.