Is There A Good Place To Save On Different Varieties Of Nuts?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Dec 11, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy different types of nuts such as pistachios, almonds, and cashews, but they can get pretty pricey. I make a pistachio - almond cake that everyone here loves, but the ingredients add up quickly. I also like to put out dishes of mixed nuts, but I hate the ones that are already mixed with mostly peanuts.

Any ideas for some great savings on these and other types of nuts for the holidays?

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to buy nuts at the Bulk Barn. It's great to buy in bulk because you can make up your own blends on nuts when you get home. You only end up buying the nuts you like. I also like to buy the large container of cashews from Costco. It's fairly well priced and the nuts are fresh. I know that nuts can get very expensive.

3. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, this, absolutely. Buying in bulk is key for any product, and nuts in particular are crazy popular at Bulk Barn. We can't even so much as go in that store in my house, as my wife is allergic to nuts and she would probably implode if she went anywhere near it. The more you buy, the more you're going to save.

4. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I also buy them in bulk from a wholesaler. My favorite is Costco. You can get a big container of mixed nuts for around $20. I find they are so expensive in the stores, and that the only way to save money is buying them in bulk

5. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I am the same way for sure. I heard of a site called graze.com before. I have not tried it yet, but I really want to. It's a box of healthy snacks you get sent to you by mail. It has come on a commercial on TV before. It has like nuts and other good stuff in it. First box is free they said. I would love to try it.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any of the shops listed nearby. I guess I'll need to shop online. I'm in a rural area, so it can be slim pickings in terms of stores that aren't too far away. I'll give some of these a look though and see if they offer online purchases with reasonable shipping.

Thanks for the ideas. I do tend to buy in bulk when possible, if I'm sure I'm going to find ways to use up the full amount. So, that might be the best option. I'm thinking that they would all get used, since it's the holiday season.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you have a Walgreens near by? They got sales and usually have sweekly sales and they usually got some kind of nuts on sale. You're so right about the mixed nuts mostly peanuts for sure! Walgreens are online too. Walmart is online too with free shipping when you spend I believe $45. If you got ebates.comccount you can get money back when you shop online. At amazon.com sometimes has deals and sales going on. Good luck! I love pistachios too!