Is There A Movie You Couldn't Finish Watching?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Flowerpower • Mar 2, 2015.

1. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I watched that Adam Sandler movie 'Jack and Jill' and about 15 minutes in I threw in the towel, I actually felt sorry for everyone involved in the making of this film because it was embarrassingly awful. My mistake was not to look it up on Rotten Tomatoes to see the ratings first.
    The only other movie I've abandoned halfway was 'Gigli' which was another stinker.
    Which movies could you not watch until the end?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are dozens of movies that I've started either casually or with the full intention of finishing the film that I would up turning off before the end credits rolled. Some movies aren't worth seeing, and I fully believe that some of them will make you a worse person after the fact because they're so terrible.

3. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have one. It is Hachiko. It is a very wonderful movie about a dog and its master. I like it so much but I cannot finish it because I cannot help myself to cry. Hoho. Poor dog.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Movie buffs will watch any movie no matter how bad it is. So should such a person get so bored that he can't finish watching the movie, then that movie most obviously is very bad. I'm one of those people but there are many movies which were either to dull or plain disgusting. The following but only a few of them:

The Terror of Tiny Town.
    Naked Space.
    Prometheus
    Alien Vs Predator Requiem
    Freebird - the British [weed] movie
    Tales From The Crypt - watched only 5 Minutes.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah. There are actually two movies that I couldn't finish watching. One is The Human Centipede because I think it is too weird, I mean, what kind of person would think of a storyline about a mad scientist stitching three people together? It's really madness. I was just curious, that's why I watched it, but yeah, I couldn't finish it.

Next is the movie Locke in which the whole film is all about a man driving his car and talking on the phone at the same time. I know there's a dramatic feel to it, but it just didn't work out for me. I found it utterly boring.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Sharknado. There are so many other bad C-grade action-horror flicks out there. Horrible storyline, poor acting and lame CGI. I have no idea why people would pay to watch such movies.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a movie called Deliver Us From Evil?? It was a horror movie that was released two or three years ago? I cannot remember the exact year, but 2013 is ringing a strong bell for this movie. My sister and I wanted to start up a weekly movie night, and we started off with that movie. It was slow and boring, even though it was sort of interesting. But it just didn't do enough to hold our attention. Snooze fest.

8. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes there have been lots of movies that were just not the type of movie that I could sit down and watch the rest of it. I tried to watch this movie the other day I think that it is called "American Hustle". I heard many of my friends tell me that it is a good movie, but for some reason I just could not finish the movie.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've experienced this with a couple of movies, though I admit they are ones that are generally seen as great movies. I just can't get into most of them because they are too quiet and filled with too much dialogue which I honestly find a bit boring. After a few minutes I usually turn it off and find something else. Bad movies, on the other hand, I can watch through, as long as they are still entertaining.

10. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I am like you I will give a movie fifteen minutes for grab me after that I give up. There will be times though when I will give it a little longer due to critical reviews. I tried this with 2001 A Space Odyssey and Lawrence of Arabia. I gave both these films a good half hour before a I gave up. No matter what accalades these films may have gotten in the past for me they were boring and not worth the time to watch them.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, several! The last one that this happened was with a movie called Left behind. This is a movie about apocalipse and it sounded pretty good when we saw the synopsis. However the movie was so awful. It's like a B or C movie, where everything sounds stages, acting is horrible (even Nicholas Cage was not good) and it just looks and sounds fake. The script is not convincing and you are always wondering what on earth is going on and why are those scenes even on a script.
    Really bad movie and I would say to stay far away from watching this. My boyfriend decided to watch the whole movie and hated it. I watched 30 minutes and settled for a nap, which was a far better idea!

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I don't watch a movie to the end, I immediately forget its title and just wipe it from my memory. It's useless information to me, so I don't spend any time trying to record its name or details. It only reappears in my memory if I see the DVD somewhere or if I accidentally start watching it again, as on TV.

13. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    OMG. It was Five Fingers of Death or Five Punch something...it was something like that. This was back in the Blockbuster days. We rented it. Fell asleep watching it. Started watching again. Fell asleep. Didn't want to lose the rental so we decided to watch it during the day thinking we kept falling asleep because we were tired from work....nope. It just sucked. We ran to the store to take it back. LOL

I guess that's why I cant remember the title. LOLOL

#13Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
  14. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pirates of the Carribean
    Star Wars 3

And then I kind of gave up on watching most movies anyway.

15. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    A friend loaned me the movie Eraserhead, i found this film impossible to watch. It was the most surreal thing i had ever seen in my life and i simply had no idea what was going on. Apparently the shining was influenced by this film as the director Stanley Kubrick stated it was his favourite movie. His professional expertise must have enabled him to detect qualities in the film that i as an amateur could not.

I was unable to make it to the end of the film, it all went over my head and left me with a weird feeling, strangest thing i've ever seen.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I normally wouldn't stand to watch horror movies with crappy story lines. The Scream franchise annoys me so much. I only got to watch a few minutes of silly acting and Courtney Cox's not-so-terrified face before I moved on to a different movie channel. I never got to finish the Jeepers Creepers movies. I read spoilers from Wiki and boy was I glad to have escaped an hour or so of senselessness.

17. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever walked out of a film at the cinema, tempting as it has been sometimes. When it's on television, however, there are too many films to mention that I've started watching but have really not got into enough to want to continue watching.

18. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I can't afford to walk out of a movie at a cinema. LOLOL And if it's on TV it all depends. Soemtimes it's just playing while I'm running around cleaning....and ONE time...i REALLY wanted to watch because I loved the first one, but it was kind of bad. What I did was record the rest on DVR and then I watched it on Fast Forward. LOLOL It was the sequel to Into the Blue.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always watch movies in parts, since I only watch movies while I'm eating, since I prefer to read up on other topics on the web that I'm interested in. I do remember that A Lot Like Love and The Conjuring were not impressive at all. And any local film that I happen to stumble upon on tv never gets to be thoroughly watched because they are downright cheesy.

20. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    The Canadian TV Series called Intelligence and the Under The Dome..oh and Assets. These are series that failed to impress me from he onset. The longest I could endure each is the second episode. I'd use the word boring, but that would make the feeling more bearable.