Is there a such thing as book exchange sites?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by lizzief79 • Mar 23, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I have hundreds of books at home and I am running out of space. I was wondering if there is a such thing as a book exchange/ trade site so that I can get rid of some of the books I am unlikely to read again and pick up the ones that I would like for cheap? Recommendations please!

2. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    Here are some recommendations! :)

<- a community reading site, but has some specialized groups and functions for trading books.

I have tried BookMooch personally and had a good experience, but I can tell you all 3 services have excellent and verifiable reputations online for book trading. Also check out your local library, most of the ones where I live have a book trading spot where you leave books and pick up ones others have left behind. Be sure to check the values on Amazon as well in case you may want to sell some of your books instead to buy more. Good luck. :D

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Also the local library may have a book exchange. I know that ours does. I am thinking of taking some of mine over there in fact I probably will as I am hoping to move and I can not take this whole collection with me, it is just too much to take with me. I need to get rid of quite a few I think. It would just be a good thing to do.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I never thought about book exchanges before but that is a good idea to get rid of your old books and maybe acquire some new ones. I have seen in a neighborhood around my children's school a house that someone put a free library in their front yard. They have what looks like a large bird house that has a functioning door on the front. They have a few books in there although I have never stopped to check it out. I always thought it was a really creative idea to do that. Maybe in my new house, I will see about doing something like that myself. Thanks for the great ideas about book exchanges.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Book exchanges are a great way to get rid of books. I also love the free library idea, I have a family friend that has one in her front yard and she recently sent me pictures of the neighborhood kids enjoying the library. She sent me pictures because I donated some children's books to help her get started. It is a wonderful and creative idea that encourages a love of reading in a neighborhood.