Is there a way I can incorporate obedience in play?

Discussion in Pets started by JoanMcWench • Jul 2, 2014.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I have a dog I'm working with that a friend owns and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about something I could buy or do to really Incorporate more obedience into playing with the dog. It seems like he has had little to no authority in his life and his owner is desperate. He's a rescue dog. Thanks!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you have any experience training dogs to do anything, not just "obey" any commands you might bark at it? If you haven't then I'd suggest taking a look at online resources which could be helpful:

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that when a dog does something that you don't like, then you should always significantly raise your voice for him to know that what he did was wrong. If you do that consistently then he will get what you mean. I noticed that animals can sense your mood just by the tone of your voice. They will definitely stop what they're doing at the moment if you raise your voice.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of good websites that will give you good advice of how to train a dog, as another poster above already mentioned. In my experience, all dogs will do what you want them to do, once they get the idea that you are the "top dog". Once that idea sinks into a dog's mind, it is relatively easy to teach it in a playful but disciplined manner.