Is Your Favorite Food A Vegetable?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ExpertAdvice • Nov 30, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Is Your Favourite Food A Vegetable?

That's not necessarily a question that you tend to hear very often, I know...but it's valid, eh?

I was thinking that to myself the other day, because what occurred to me was that probably the top ten of my "favorite foods of all time" to eat, are more or less "guilty pleasures" if you know what I mean...

They don't come up on every health practitioner's "top ten best foods to give you a healthy diet" if you get what I'm saying...so that means I always have to keep a close check on my level of consumption of these foods. They won't be "good" to my body over time, although I love them so much...so there's a definite "love/hate relationship" between myself and these foods, with them seeming to love me based on the amount of comfort that they give me when I do eat them, but then they go and bite me in the back or the thighs or the stomach for that matter...

So, what came to my mind to ask you guys was whether you could attest to having at least five favourite foods on your overall personal "best foods list that could actually qualify as "healthy" or that you could say actually help your health?

I'd really love to know your answers to this one! Can't wait!!!

veggie eat.

2. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say that my favorite food in the world is a vegetable per se, but I very much enjoy them. I really get cravings for fresh vegetables. That might mean a garden salad, or a sub sandwich. When I eat a burger with onions, pickles and lettuce, with ketchup and mustard, I honestly think I could throw out the beef patty, because it is not adding to the delight of the sandwich. In general, I think I could live without most meat before I could give up my fresh vegetables.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh to be honest, vegetables would not even cross my mind if you asked me what are my most favorite foods in general. But if we're talking about the healthy category, then salads would be at the top my list. I don't really have a particular favorite vegetable, but I like lettuce, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, etc.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes! When I cut out processed foods and got over the addiction of it all, I gained a huge appreciation for real foods and what they do for our bodies. I can honestly say all of my top ten are healthy. You could eat my past faves right in front of me and I'd have no problem not eating them. My very top are fruits, but I'd say it's an even split..

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly no, I'm a big fan of steak and other meat in my diet. I don't hate vegetables though, I really like eating salad on its own without dressing unlike many other people. Some might find it too bitter but I'm a fan of the taste. As always, a balanced diet is the key to healthy living!

6. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    Certainly! Some of my favorite foods are vegetables. Essentially, everything I eat is healthy. I eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, legumes, and beans. Some of my favorite vegetables are broccoli, spinach, butternut squash, cabbage, and callaloo. If I named every vegetable that I love, this post could go on for a long time. I think it's a great idea that you took time to actually think about this, as it allowed you to examine on your own eating habits and the kinds of healthy changes that you can make.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are beans vegetables?
    However since they are counted as "either vegetables" or something else, then technically they can be classified as vegetables. If that's so then my favorite food is a vegetable. I like beans a lot and would eat them every day and never have enough of them. Maybe it's because I'm very good at cooking beans. In future I hope to cut out meat entirely from my diet and replace them with beans as my primary source of proteins.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years, and vegetables definitely belong to my favorite foods. It might be hard to believe, but I really love the humble pumpkin. For me, there is nothing that beats that sweet, delicious taste when it comes freshly baked out of the oven. It's a very simple meal that always delights me, and that I can eat any day. I also love fresh strawberries dipped in bitter chocolate and yogurt made from coconuts. :)

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love potatoes so technically you could say that one of my top favorites is a vegetable. Most of them are meat dishes though, but I do still like vegetables a lot. I just probably wouldn't consider them to be my main favorite. I like them only to offset the heaviness of meat dishes and whenever I just have vegetables as a main dish I always feel like the meal is lacking.

10. Cory Jenkins

Cory JenkinsBanned

Threads:
    Veggies are an integral part of our family and we try and avoid meat as much as possible.......but we do eat beacons and beef from time to time.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a tough one. I won't say that my favorite food is a vegetable. There's a vegetable in my list, however. I like water spinach especially when it's fried with a spicy dip. This dish is in my top five favorite foods along with soft tofu fermented in fish and vegetable brine. Oh, and I like Chopsuey too.