Is your PayPal account verified?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • May 28, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Do you have a bank account or credit card attached to your Paypal account for your account to be shown as verified? Non-verified accounts can't receive money sometimes and have a $1000 limit for sending money.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I got my account verified soon after I joined. It's an easy process, and it gives you so much more flexibility, for payments, receipts and withdrawals. PayPal have so many regulations, if you don't keep up with them you could find your account locked for up to 6 months, so if you get a message saying there is an issue that needs resolving, get onto it right away. If you don't, you may not be able to withdraw that money you were counting on.

3. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes but its my savings acct. For some reason PP won't let me link my checking acct. This wasn't really a problem b/c I can use my debit card, but the other day I was trying to buy some Forum Software that had to go through paypal. SMH I had to transfer money to my savings acct just so that it could be completed.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I've been verified for a while, and I think it's much better that way. I don't like the limit set on the normal account, so I had to upgrade to the verified account. There's not really a difference between the two, except you can deposit more money. If you're not doing a lot of transactions online I wouldn't upgrade.

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, my Paypal account is verified. I used to work online full-time, so I had to have my account verified in order to get all the money that month. It's really easy to get your account verified.

6. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    When I first got my PayPal account, I did not have my own bank account. For nearly a year, my PayPal account was accumulating money from online jobs. However, I could not do anything with the money due to the restrictions. Once I got my own bank account, I linked it to my PayPal account. It is now "verified" and I am free to send and receive money as much as I want.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I went ahead and got it verified because I didn't want to have to deal with the $500 limit. I am completely new to PayPal, so this entire process has been interesting and will be a learning experience. I'm really hoping that all of the issues that they were known for are in the past.

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Yes my paypal account is verified. I used my credit card to verify my account and it was really fast. I also have provided them an ID and a proof of address. It is good to have limitations lifted.

9. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    My PayPal is verified , and I have a business account :)!

10. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I do have mine verified. By doing this I was able to access funds that I wouldn't otherwise have been able to access.

11. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is verified as well. It is simple to do and gives you more options with your PayPal account. I am not sure why you would not have it verified. I have been with PayPal for over 5 years and I have never had any problems using the service.

12. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I actually got a credit card for the sole purpose of verifying my account. There were some online shops that wouldn't let me join their affiliate program unless my account was verified, so I had to go through the whole process. It's not that much of a hassle though.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    What do you mean you couldn't pay for anything due to the restrictions? My account isn't verified and I can still shop online. I know there's a fixed limit, but you can always open a new account if you reach that limit.

I know, I know, not that 'legal' :p

14. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, my account is verified. I did it after I tried to buy something, but could not because the seller had it set so that the account HAD to be verified. It was easy and now I run into no issues.

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a PayPal business account and it's verified. It was easy process. I opened a checking account with an online bank specifically for PayPal. I don't want PayPal linked direct to my main checking account. I did have problems when I requested a debit card because I had the account in my nickname.

Say my name is Pamela, and Pam was on my PayPal account. I had to provide a copy of a Driver's License, Social Security card and a utility bill. I wasn't going to provide all that info, but they were going to limit the account. The funny thing is that my debit card has my nickname, but they changed the name on the account to my birth name.

16. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    My PayPal isn't verified, But I dont see the need to. I have used all the money that has ever come into PayPal for online purchases. So I've never really had to verify it.

17. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I have a verified Paypal account. I need it because it's how I pay out to my moderators and sometimes pass out money rewards.

18. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Mine is verified because I used to have a business that I was operating from it. Then I ended up temporarily closing the business, but am debating bringing it back because the money I was making was decent, but sporadic.

19. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, my paypal account is verified. It is hard to do many transactions without it being verified and the sending and receiving limits are also pretty strict for unverified accounts.

20. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, my paypal account is verified. I did that when I first signed up years ago. I used my bank account. I figured it would be easier to complete transactions and do other things with a verified account. Plus, there were too many limitations for unverified accounts and I didn't want to deal with it.