iTunes, Spotify or Pandora?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Gin0710 • Nov 7, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Which one do you go to for music? I love Spotify. Not only because it is free, but because I have free access to just about any album and artist you can think of. It's great! It doesn't take up a lot of memory on my computer because it's streaming, and it provides great recommendations. I love Spotify. I have not used iTunes ever since I started using Spotify. I was spending so much money on music it was becoming a bad habit for me. Spotify is awesome!

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried any of them. I used to have the BEST music service which was the Zune Pass. You were able to download any song onto your computer and if you had a Zune, (I had the Zune HD, which was also the best MP3 player) you could take it anywhere. The best part about it was that you also got to keep ten songs per month, so it was pretty much all the music you wanted to sample for $4.99 and ten songs at $1 each. Unfortunately, they ended the part of the program where you were able to keep the ten songs.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Pandora but for no particular reason. I use my own music library more often than I stream music. Pandora and Spotify both get the job done as do other similar services. I can't complain about any of them, and Pandora Plus is a pretty useful service if you want to spend a couple bucks on it.

4. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I don't do any of the three. I find no need to pay for something that I can get on my radio for free. I don't like the thought if having to download and categorize and keep up with or I'd lose them. The free local radio station plays everything I need. I have thought about downloading a radio app so I'd have music anywhere I went but I haven't done that yet.

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I've recently been using Spotify and I love it as well They have a huge variety of songs to listen to across so much genres and albums. Everyday I turn to it and listen to many of my favorite tracks. With the limitation of being a free member, however, I'm going to have to upgrade so I can listen to songs whenever I want without being limited to plays and so that I can save the tracks.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to listen to Pandora, but it's very easy for the stations to veer off track. Now, I use Google Play Music. It came with my phone.

I have heard of Spotify, but I noticed that it posts playlist to Facebook. So, I see everything my nephews and friends listen too. I think it happens because they log in with Facebook. I hate that.

7. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I hate the radio. I hate the commercials and I hate that they repeat the same songs over and over again and there are too many pop stations. Not that I have a problem with it. It's just that once upon a time, there was a classic rock station in my area that had been around for years and suddenly ANOTHER pop station comes on it is place. As if I haven't heard the same song being played over and over on other stations. Turns out though, it's not that bad of a station cause they play old school stuff too. Still. I like mixing it up. That's why I prefer my playlist.

8. hanseung

hanseungNew Member

Threads:
    I've only tried iTunes and Spotify so far, but I'm thinking about trying Pandora some time in the near future. I'd much more classify myself as an iTunes user, rather than a Spotify user. I like using iTunes because it's all my own music and I find it easy to navigate, whereas I still can't figure out how to use Spotify well. I like using Spotify when I feel like listening to a song from the old days for nostalgic reasons, so it's good for that.

9. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I'm a huge fan of Spotify ever since I discovered it. I love it so much that I even went for the Premium Subscription. And I would have to thank this app so much because this is where I discovered great songs that I haven't heard of before. I also love the fact that you can easily search for artists that fits your genre preference.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Spotify for sure without a doubt!!! I wouldn't compare iTunes to the other two options you gave, and I am not a big fan of Pandora. However, I am obsessed with Spotify! I Pay for the premium version and it is money very well spent in my opinion. I have not bought any music in a while now and I have everything I need with Spotify.

11. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! Me too! And when I get a job and have money I am subscribing to it again. I love Spotify! Best invention ever!

12. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a problem with any of the three, but the one I use most by far is Spotify. I bought a premium membership and it's been one of the best investments I've made for music in a long time. They always have updated songs and I've never found myself frustrated that they didn't have an artist or CD I wanted to listen to. I can't remember the last time I actually bought something off I-tunes and if I'm using a streaming service for music, it's going to be Spotify.

13. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Spotify is definitely my pick. You can have free access to a virtually unlimited collection of songs, on the go and without taking up any hard disk space so long as you have an Internet connection. Subscriptions are also fairly reasonably priced when you compared it to the price of buying several songs off iTunes every month.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I only use iTunes because it's convenient for me since I use the player to sync with many other things I use like my apple devices. I've never tried Spotify though so I admit that I'm completely ignorant to whatever it is I might be missing out on. I suppose I'll try it soon and I just hope it serves to be as convenient as the one I'm using now. I'm fairly satisfied with the service I get with iTunes but I admit that it's a bit restrictive so I am looking for alternatives.

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really ever use iTunes and I have very limited experience with Spotify (though I probably will check it out more at some point), so for me it's an easy choice picking Pandora as my preference...I would have to give Spotify a shot before I could really compare the two though. Who knows? Maybe I would like it better. They both seem like good options.

16. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Spotify all the way! It's seriously the best music app ever created in my opinion. Just like you said, we have access to every song, album and artists you can think of and it's for free. However, you'll have limited skips and you get ads if you don't subscribe to premium. That's the downside of having the free account. I personally pay a few dollars every month as a premium account and it's totally worth it. I've totally ditched iTunes for Spotify as well. :p

17. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I can't be bothered to pay monthly right now so I have free accounts. Anyway I use all of them. Don't get me wrong Spotify is great and I like that you can see what famous people are listening to on occasion but I can never find just one provider I can stick to. There are often songs that I don't think of listening to so I'll find good selection on all three of the radios.

18. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I used to spend so much money on iTunes and I don't mind supporting artists and everything, but Spotify makes it so much nicer. I like Pandora too, but I prefer to make up my own playlist rather than select one favorite artist and have similar music played that I may or may not enjoy. I haven't been completely turned off by radio. I do listen to morning radio shows, but as far as music is concerned I think I'll stick with my playlist.

19. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I've never like iTunes, and I've never used pandora. I've tried out spotify and I honestly think it's the best for the price I have to pay. It has a huge selection of music (aside from taylor swift, of course) and I've discovered so many new artists since I've started using it. I feel like it's really convenient, and it's really worth it to buy just to not have ads. Not to mention that since I'm bilingual, it's great to see some other language songs on there that I can enjoy instead of having to trawl through youtube and other websites just to be able to listen.