January; Free Christmas Time

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by MyDigitalpoint • Jan 15, 2016.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Well, Christmas season is over and this is the right month when people do not only remove all the seasonal decoration out of sight, but many of them throw away all (or part of) Christmas decoration, many of which is practically new, used only for the season that is over.

It's not necessary become a dumpster diver to find such decorations along the way; some people simply put them outside their home, just in the edge of the sidewalk to wait for the street sweepers to take it away, if not someone else who find it first.

Have you seen discarded Christmas decoration in you way? What are your thoughts about? Would you take it home or ignore them?

Personally, I'm always up to bring with me whatever is down the road, which is in good and reusable state, saving a lot of money this way.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Christmas decorations can be reused. Though I hardly ever buy Christmas decorations as the guests who stay with me at Christmas time get them, when I take them down after Christmas I don't get rid of them. I keep them because when the circumstances call for it, I won't have to buy Christmas decorations.

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! I remember my parents wrapping back those Christmas decoration when the season was over and reusing them next year, just adding a few new items or discarding some other when worn out.

I don't understand since when people started to think these decorations are disposable, including some that they probably never used, as they come with the price tag and even in their original packing.