January Sales?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Nov 19, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Saw an article on a news site that seems to suggest that January sales will come earlier this year. So you'll start seeing these deals from early December maybe but since they'll extend to the end of January . . .

I've seen some great January sales in the past with as much as 60% off some items. Such deals often entice people to buy stuff they might not need it just so they don't miss out on a great deal.

Do you guys have a plan of action for January sales?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always find these are the best sales because they need to clear all the stocks left from Christmas. Usually I like to buy fancy tins of biscuits (cookies) and boxes of chocolates because they are such good value. I don't care about the packaging, because its' for myself.

Cosmetics and fragrance coffrets always go on sale too and is a good time to buy, because each house needs to clear their stockholding, so you can get gift sets and products cheaply. It's the only time cosmetic houses really have any items on sale.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Much as I always enjoy picking up a bargain - no action plan for me - as although we do have January sales where I live - which rarely start much before the 2nd or 3rd week of January - I don't normally bother going - as apart from the fact that I find these sales are generally nothing more than a money making tool used by retailers to entice people into spending money - on insignificant items that probably aren't needed or wanted in the first place - its actually real easy - if you really do need or want something - to pick up a real bargain at any time of the year - especially as its quite normal these days to find " sales " going on throughout the year.

In fact - as the majority of my favorite smaller stores have end of season sales - separate to the January sales - where they clear the entire stock from each season - I much prefer to wait for those - as not only are bargains virtually guaranteed - particularly as the majority of items are marked down well below half price and often more - but its way more pleasant too - as I can get everything I need at a good price - without having to do battle with or be trampled on by huge volumes of people.

4. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    January sales are amazing, at least for me, as I feel like everyone spends way too much money on Christmas, and these sales are the perfect way to balance your budget. You can really get anything way more cheaper during the month, so I really take advantage of it.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I see something that I like while strolling around the mall then why not, right? I also noticed that after the holidays the malls are less crowded, so I think that the malls will definitely entice people to buy anything by announcing a sale.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will be using the January sale to stock up on some much need linen for the house. Towels and sheets are not something I purchase often, I am looking forward to the sales at the end of the year to replace what needs to be moved on, some towels and sheets are only good for rags.