JC Penney

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Brook • Sep 25, 2012.

1. Brook

BrookMember

Threads:
    What do you think of JC Penny's new advertising where they no longer have coupons or sales? Apparently there is a price and then about 2 weeks later it gets marked down but the sales aren't really advertised and their are no more coupons. I've read that it's not working very well because people love to feel like they are getting "an addition 10% off.)
    I do like their new ad brochures though. I think they are well done.

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    When they first moved to the new pricing, I found some awesome deals on kids stuff. Particularly in the boys department. I had 4 long sleeve shirts for $1.99 a piece and jeans for $2.99. I haven't found anything that good lately. I like that I don't need coupons to get a deal there, but I really only go shopping when I have a coupon or think I'm getting a good deal.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't shopped there since they've made the switch.

I do know that I only ever shop there when they have those big sales, though. If their prices really are low all the time now, then great, but I kind of doubt I would get the same deals as I used to. Clearances combined with the 10-20% coupons were always great.

4. Brook

BrookMember

Threads:
    I'm going to head out there today because I think they do markdowns on Thursday. My daughter needs some new clothes and I'll go check out what they have. I'm also in the market for some new bedding and I think they a fairly large selection.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems like the quality of the clothes has changed. I don't mind paying a little more for quality. I do prefer the sales and coupons. I felt as if I was getting a real bargain especially on clearance items.

6. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I didn't really use the coupons at JC Penney but I was a fan of the big sales they had there. I was able to find some great bargains after doing some digging around (this coming from a person that does not like to rummage while clothes shopping). The new sales model isn't too bad either. I've gotten some good deals on shorts and shirts. It's not as great as the ones you used to be able to get from their clearance racks but still a decent price.

7. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't shopped at Jcpenney since they made the switch to this new pricing. I tend to shop there when they had major sales and coupons. I do prefer to shop with coupons, so I guess I won't be visiting Jcpenney anytime soon.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I believe that. A friend told me that a friend of his was a street vendor selling costume jewelry and not making any money, so he doubled his prices and announced a "50% off sale" and suddenly customers came flocking.

9. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like one bit. I miss the sales and getting those coupons in the mail. I do like that they've seemed to clear up the isles. They used to be so darned crammed all the time. Hope they go back to the way things used to be soon.

10. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    I didn't realize they were doing that. I don't think it will work out very well for them...personally I don't really care but I think people probably enjoy feeling like they're getting a great deal or saving a lot of money. I think people will probably stop going there as often.

11. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Isn't JC Penney the company who announced they would markdown everything 40% and not have sales? I thought at that time that people were not going to like that ,because people want to think they are getting a reduced price. It becomes psychological.

12. clay1224

clay1224Banned

Threads:
    I really miss the sales that I used to get on all the stuff I buy there. I love there store and used to love the prices, but not anymore.