JC Penny is closing many stores - big sales

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dconklin • Apr 9, 2014.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know the exact location of all the stores they are closing and I know some of the stores have already closed but if you have a JC Penny near you, keep an eye out to see if they are closing. Of course they start to sell out of items quickly and then that store will not restock once stuff is gone, so you really do have to catch it at the right time.

I had just found out a couple days ago that our JC Penny was one of the ones closing - came as a big shock since it has been there for at least 20 years! So I rushed right over to see what was on sale. Every thing was on sale, no joke even their display tables and shelves had a price on it! I got jeans there that were supposed to be $40 and I paid $4 for them. Not all the stuff is that cheap, but it looked like everything was at least 50% off and many items were even more then 50% off. People were buying small appliances too.

Definitely worth taking a look at if you are close to one closing!

2. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    The JC Penny in the mall near me is closing, it's really sad I really liked that store :/. I guess that's what happens though when they can't compete with online stores anymore. Hopefully they will make a comeback in the near future.

3. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard about this.

There are some big saving to be had there. However. I think this savings tip is too saturated. I went to my local JC Penny. That will soon be closing. Only to find absolutely nothing on the shelves. To many people know about this already.

It was a waste of time going there. Because they had absolutely nothing. It might be different in your town though.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Probably part of the reason they are closing is because of their recent "exposure" over marking up prices. Which means those jeans you paid $4 for were probably never $40. They (along with every other big name store ever) do that to make you think you're getting a good deal. Granted, $4 is not a lot of money for ANY item of clothing, but I'm just saying. :)

JC Penneys is okay. Their stuff is not really my style. It's all very generic. I used to get my clothes there all the time as a kid/teen. But now as a woman in my mid-20s, I'll pass!

5. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I got scared there because I like to shop at Penneys so I had to look up the list of the stores that are closing. I'm happy that the one that is near me is not on the list of stores to be closed.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh crap!

I checked the list and my local store isn't closing. Only one store in my state is closing.

I would really hate to see JC Penney close for good. So many of the department stores from my childhood are gone including the one where I had my first real job.It's just sad.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, always good to grab some good deals but that's a little disappointing that they're closing so many. (Not the one near me, of course :p). I've always liked JC Pennys, and their quality has stayed pretty consistent throughout the years, unlike a lot of stores.