JCPenney

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by jleadbet • Aug 29, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone still shop here? I did for years and even liked the new pricing until I figured out the next pricing was still overpriced. I bought shorts for $15, and came back a week later only to find them for $10. I had a gift card I was trying to use up and ordered some things online. They sent me the wrong stuff. When that's happened with other stores, they send me a postage paid label for the return. Penneys refused and td me to take it to the store. It's been such a pain trying to use up this gift card.

2. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I used to shop there when I was really young (my mom and grandmother took me there), but I haven't been there in years. I've heard their clothes are a lot more stylish these days - is that true? Shorts for $15 sound good to me, so I'm not sure about bargains, but I do wonder if their clothes are better than they used to be. I think they were supposed to be revamping their image.

3. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I shopped there for some nice clothes once and that is about it. I try not to spend $120 for an outfit but my wife really wanted me to wear it for our rehearsal dinner so I did it. I would much rather go to Marshall's or something and get similar clothes for a lot less.

4. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I love that they now have Ellen as their spokesperson. I also love how their store has a cleaner, more spaceous look to it. What I don't like and what I think is the reason that their stores have recently lost business, is that they stopped giving out coupons to red, gold and platinum card members. And just plain giving out coupons and 10%-20% sales altogether. Instead they claimed they've just lowered their prices. Well, don't they realize that people, especially women, just love our coupons? We love knowing that we saved $20 or $40 or more on our total purchase. And if you send us a reward coupon for $10 off anything in the store, nine times out of ten we are going to be spending much more than $10 when we come in to use it.

Time for them to go back to using coupons. Otherwise, they may go by the way of Mervyn's. :(

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to shop at JC Penney, but it seems to be the quality of the items has dropped with the new pricing. The clothes feel cheaper than they used to. I also could pick up a decent purse, but they seem cheaper or plastic like. I understand discount price, but they should also offer the option of buying more expensive items too.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I only shop there during... well, August.

They have amazing back-to-school sales. That's the only time of the year where it seems worthwhile to shop there. Otherwise, they're just too expensive for my tastes.

7. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    never had the opportunity to, I live in Canada. What is it in relation to? Like a walmart or kmart? Or more like sears.????

8. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Yes the shorts were $15, not a bad price at all. They have those month long values and those are great deals, but from what I can tell, only a small amount is sold at that price. I'm mostly looking online, and they tend to be out of almost all the month long values by the second week of the month. I prefer not messing with coupons, but someone mentioned the $10 off anything in the store coupons. I'm a sucker for those every time.

9. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go to Penney's all the time. But have not been there in a while. That would aggravate me. Did you try to bring the shorts back for the lower price. Isn't there supposed to be a policy that if reduced within a certain amount of days, you get the difference?

10. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at Jcpenney. I shop mostly at their online site and the prices are okay. Most times I am very lucky to find online coupons that would decrease the cost of my order. Jcpenney also have a great back to school sale.