Jeans

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DesignerMum • Mar 15, 2015.

1. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite things to wear are jeans and t-shirts. For one thing, jeans are made of strong garment, making them one of the right options to wear at home. When I'm already in my jeans and t-shirt, I do not need to change into something else before doing stuffs at home. I can cook, clean, wash and do some gardening in them. I also don't have to change them too often. My pair of jeans usually last for 3 to 5 days, but the t-shirts need to be washed daily.

Where do you go to buy a good pair of jeans online? Do you have a favorite place to shop for them?

2. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I love jeans! Honestly there is nothing I would rather wear than jeans and tee-shirts. I don't really shop for them online, because I always have to try them on, so I enjoy shopping for them in thrift stores. I have found some great deals on designer brands this way. There are lots of reasons why jeans are considered a classic!

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't find it comfortable to wear jeans at home, it feels quite hard when lying on the bed or when you're bending your knees or waist. I do like to wear them outside though. When I'm at home, I prefer to wear very soft clothing like cotton shorts and shirt.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can buy jeans on Amazon.

The prices aren't all that friendly though. If you don't mind buying used clothes then I'd suggest buying jeans in a thrift store. This would save you a lot of money. If you are lucky you can find some pairs of jeans which have probably never been worn.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like wearing sweats and t-shirts for around the house. I have a couple pairs of jeans, but I don't wear them that much. Maybe when I go on a diet and lose some weight I'll feel like wearing jeans again:). A good pair of jeans can feel really good on, and hold you tight in all the right places.

6. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought jeans online before. I always like to have a fitting before I commit. Jeans are very under appreciated today if you ask me. They're the perfect companion if like doing menial or physical work.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Jeans and pants in general are one of the only clothing items I do not buy online, and that is because they are so hard to fit right if you don't try them on before buying. I have only ever bought jeans online once, at Express. Thankfully they did end up fitting. One of them was a little to short on my ankles so I'll only wear them when I put boots on... but I wouldn't buy again, they are too risky.

8. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Buying jeans online would be a no-no for me. Unless you know exactly what size, which cut and what brand you run the risk of the jeans not fitting, as it seems every jean manufacturer goes by their own set of rules in the sizing department.
    I've been fortunate in the past few years and haven't had to look past a local thrift store for new jeans. Really new! Many with the tags still on them and others new enough it did't look like they'd been worn by anyone.
    The great thing about the thrift stores is I often find like new jeans that I couldn't afford to buy new. You just never know what you might walk away with.

9. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought jeans online - I always need to try them on before I make the decision to purchase - what looks good in the photographs can look very different indeed once you are wearing them.

I have several pairs of jeans bought from thrift stores. There's always a good choice of hardly-worn pairs at great prices.

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to buy quality jeans and only wear them out a few hours so I don't wash them if I wear them once. I will wait 2 to 3 days tops to wash them. If I get food on them then I spot clean them. I find that my jeans last longer this way. I also bye dye online and dye them if they start to fade.

11. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Re-dying them is a great idea if the fabric still has a lot of wear in it. I've thought about doing that, but so far have not tried it. I do tend to get as many wears between washings as I can. Sometimes I can only get one, though. I live on a farm. It's kind of hard on clothes. Even jeans, so I tend to keep my newer ones for going out in and wear the older ones at home.

12. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I love my jean and comfortable in them! I like that I can hop in the car to go to the store, visiting with friends, or just doing work at home. It is one of the most versatile piece of clothing that I love!

13. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't ever buy jeans online unless I know the exact make, serial code, and size. Jeans are one of those things where you have to go to the store to try them on, because every make of jeans is so different from another that it can be difficult to tell what size to get (or what style even).

And when I go jean shopping, I don't plan to get anything else because it usually takes me awhile to find a pair of jeans that I like and that fits me; but when I do find it, I tend to stock up on a few pairs so I don't have to go shop for them as often :)