Joining a competition

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Gelsemium • Sep 29, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a famous clothes store in my country (called Zippy) that has a competition going on, offering a trip to 2 adults + 2 kids to Disneyland Paris to the person that in each month spend more money in their stores. It's a huge prize and I do need to make some big shopping, but I mean, should I take a leap of faith and spend 100 or 200€ or should I stick to what I need? What would you do?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, do it! Well, I should say do it if there is something they have that you really want or need. Do not spend 100 or 200 Euro if they do not have anything you really want. I spent all summer trying to win with these free sample contests, and while I did not win a contest, I got some awesome stuff. So I think you just need to make sure you are going to get something you actually want that is worth the money you are going to spend. Then you don't loose out if you do not win the contest. I have a friend who wins contests that way all the time, she loves it.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    In my experience contests like that are not very fruitful. So many people enter that your odds are not very good. I'm not familiar with your store so I could be mistaken. If you enter, good luck! I hope you win. If you do, let us know :)

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of such contests here in my country. I guess that you can take a chance if you really are a fan of the products being sold by this store. Don't just spend on whatever you find just to increase the amount you spent. Maybe, you can take advantage of the Christmas season. You can buy gifts there for your family and relatives.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that is the big issue, if I just spend what I need I am afraid I can't reach a winning value (it's a nationwide competition), but at the same if I spend more money than I don't need and I don't win it I will feel really stupid... I think that this sort of contests are great, but anyone playing to win always takes a chance.