Just Bought Some Left Over Holloween Candy

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Jasmine2015 • Nov 11, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    We went to the store recently and they had shopping carts full of left over holloween candy. I got one bag of candy that had 100 pieces in it for like $2 and another bag full of snickers. Are other people out there looking for discounted holloween candy? That is, if you don't mind the holloween cartoons on the candy despite the fact that everyone is now looking forward to thanksgiving and Christmas. As I like to say, " there is no shame in my game!"

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I am always up for surplus purchases but unfortunately special Halloween candy isn't too popular here. We get a few brands that do it here and there but I don't think stores stock up on it that much that they would need to put them up on clearance sale afterwards. I tend to do this a lot with Christmas items though. I always try and shop during the week between Christmas and new year for this reason as well as the days after new year when a lot of products are priced very cheap.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've noticed also that over the years, stores seem to buy less candy for Halloween. I think they start putting it out ahead of time, so those who are planning to give it out (or keep for themselves) will buy, and sometimes when I've gone a few days ahead of time, there wasn't much of a selection in the stores. I don't shop as much as I used to, so I rarely make it to the sales, because they seem to start on the day of Halloween, and the shelves are empty by the next day. Congratulations on your score!