Just watched Scott Pilgrim Against the World

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Aug 14, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I saw the trailer of this movie a couple of years back, I didn't think that it would be a great movie. But I had the opportunity to watch it because a friend lent me a dvd copy. And boy, was I absolutely entertained. I was laughing all throughout the movie! It's full of action too. It defies logic but it's a great fun ride. You could probably find q cheap copy of the movie at Amazon.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. I found it very entertaining as well, and I didn't even know about the comics until then. It's just a fun movie that stands alone in its own merits, regardless of the source material, which is why I really can't understand why a lot of people still hate it. I guess it really is impossible to please everyone.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess the people who hate it are those who don't dig its story. Scott Pilgrim's story is not that deep but it still makes up to it with its witty one liners and funny quips. Another thing could probably be said with the leading lady. I think that she does not fit her role quite well.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    The movie even addresses this at the end, when a background character says: "The book was better". It's not that it's bad, but they could have done a better job at it. Still, if it gets you to read the comic books, i think it's a pretty fun movie to watch with a bunch of friends.