K-mart Closing

Discussion in Hot Deals started by Deeishere • May 20, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    There are a number of K-mart stores that are closing nationwide. I am hearing that people are getting great deals in the stores. Some of the winter coats are $3.99, some Frozen toys and clothing are pretty cheap. Once lady purchase a Frozen brand toy for only .50 cents. Of course, your items may vary. It will also vary on how big the clearance is. I plan to check out my store on tomorrow. I also saw K-Mart clearance online. I that some of the clothing items are only l$1.99. But, I bet the best deals are in the store.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will be doing some bargain shopping at the local KMart in my area tomorrow. It is a shame that the merger with Sears did not help to keep the stores open. More and more people are shopping online which is causing more stores to close. Even Macy's is closing some stores locally.

3. bestliftchair

bestliftchairNew Member

Threads:
    I found Kmart items pretty low quality -- around that of Walmart. I'm happy they're declining.

4. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    Let me know if you find any good deals. I was planning to go over the weekend and just got too busy. I fear if I wait too late, everything will be picked over. But it won't hurt to try. I didn't know Macy is closing some of its stores. My sister-in-law works at one in California. I hope her store won't close.

5. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Does anyone know where I might find a list of Kmarts that are closing? There are several stores in towns near where I live and I would like to see if any of them are closing.

6. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, here is a listing of the closings here

They have listings of the city and the state. An asterisk is next to the stores that will be closing in September. The rest of the stores will be closed in July. I hope this helps. It looks like most of them will be closing in July.

7. GraceMarie

GraceMarieNew Member

Threads:
    The one by me closed recently after being around forever. But yeah, I was always surprised they lasted that long with their low, low "quality."

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It was a matter of time before people started preferring the better deals they'll find when shopping online and in time stores like Kmart and Walmart had to decline [as they have done]. But when one can find better deals they should take a look especially when there is a clearance sale. There's a possibility they could find something they like and save some money.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never had firsthand experience of K-Mart because I think it's only in the US, but I've certainly heard of it. It sounds to me as if we're still in the firm grip of the financial crisis. I shudder to think what implications there are for all their employees in terms of jobs. We just had a public notice announcing the closure of KFC in Botswana, after having been here for well over 25 years! There are just so many closures!