Kaspersky Antivirus is corrupting my system!

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Jatelo2 • Oct 3, 2012.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I just replace my ESET Smart Security with Kaspersky 2013. To my surprise, this virus is deleting Windows Protected Files and terming them Trojans. I'm forced to remove it, but before that I need to here your opinion on what might be going on with this system!

Kind help and thanks in advance!

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like you have been hit with a really bad virus. You can try booting up your machine and safe mode and running a virus scan in that mode. It may help to remove it. If not, you may need to take it to a professional to get rid of it. I had one several years ago hit a computer that I actually had to just make a back up of certain docs and pics, reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything in order to get rid of it. Good luck!

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    dissn_it has offered sound advice. I'd do the same. Remove this offending software - if this is what you think is causing the problem - and go for another virus protection software. Hopefully, you will not have to make a fresh instal of your OS.

4. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I just remove the Kaspersky, and the computer has returned to normal. However, I haven't installed any Antivirus yet and thus my Internet usage is very restricted. Any better alternative to ESET and Kaspersky...Something that would work without these dramas please!

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Avast would be your best bet. You can get the free version from thier website (avast.com). Here is a link to another thread here on Don't Pay Full with a bit more information:

You can also get Microsoft Security Essentials for free and that would be your next best bet. Malware Bytes is another good one.
    Which ever one you download, run it in Safe Mode as it will havev a much better chance of being sucessfull. Good Luck!

6. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    That's odd. I've used Kaspersky for 3 years now, running 24/7 on 2 or 3 computers and never once had a single problem.

7. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have McAfee and they aren't as good I thought, I have Malwarebytes and it's the best thing ever invented. It saved my computer from bad viruses and it's free.

8. jooomes

jooomesNew Member

Threads:
    Try booting into safe mode and installing malware bytes. After that, install Avast! free and keep both layered and your computer will be mostly virus and malware free. Hopefully I could help.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It might have been deleting infected files that were masquerading as Windows system files. Have you ruled out AVG Free? I've been using it for years and it works pretty well, while being relatively unobtrusive.

10. Jennifernew

JennifernewNew Member

Threads:
    I have also installed kaspersky 2013 after that I also have faced the same problem but I was thinking that due to playing different powerful games like counterstrike and road racing due to virus attack this problem might be arising but if the actual problem is in the antivirus then I will also remove it.

11. BrianDouglas

BrianDouglasNew Member

Threads:
    This is going to sound a little strange, but I mean no hard. AVG Free is great. Kaspersky used to be the best, but I haven't used them since like 2007. I have been with AVG since then and have never been infected, for what it is worth. I have had threats pop up when doing stuff, but nothing ever got through to me.

12. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Kaspersky though reliable, has been said to always end up with false-positive results which might be the case in your issue. If you've paid for the software, perhaps you might want to actually get technical support from them as to your next best course of action? If you're seeking an alternative anti-virus software, I would strongly recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. It is by far the best anti-virus I've ever used and it's free. It allows for constant background monitoring and running scans without preventing normal usage of your computer which is typical for many other anti-virus softwares out there. The best part is that it does not slow your computer down during start-up which is the case with Norton Antivirus based on my personal experience. Give it a shot and remember to run a full system scan once you've installed it to make sure you're clean!

13. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I am just interested where have you bought or gotten your Kaspersky? I mean I have tried using Kaspersky before. I actually purchased it two years ago and I never had any problem. If you just downloaded your version from torrents then maybe your downloads have virus with it. Just a wild guess because this incident of yours do not usually happens.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe it was a false positive detection, or a virus posing as a legit Windows file. I have never used Kaspersky before, and after reading the comments here, I probably won't try it. I use AVG since 2006, and so far I never had any problems with it. I also use Symantec along AVG. You could try downloading those anti virus brands.

15. Justyn Mendoza

Justyn MendozaNew Member

Threads:
    I actually have Kaspersky myself. I haven't had any problems with it, but what you make be looking at is Kaspersky quarantining them until they are safe once more. I also know for a fact that it actually can't delete system files unless it's a know trojan. Which even if it deletes something it's smart enough to tell the Trojan from the fake due to it's coding and the way it's set up to quarantine the files, delete the virus and then release the files before you even notice a change the system. There are some files that pose as system files but again Kaspersky knows. To be honest your putting yourself at great risk by uninstalling your antivirus software. There also wouldn't be a need for it to delete your system files while they are quarantined because because it only lets your system files do it's job while stopping any virus program running under the same system program name.

16. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    Kaspersky is a really good antivirus and i have not had the problems that you are mentioning.....you should however get microsoft security essentials.....that is a much better antivirus and works well with your system.....you can also do all this for FREE