Keeping an eye for promotions

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Peninha • May 27, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just had lunch and I realized there is a promotion happening in one of the many vending machines we have here at my work, including when you buy coffee there. My wife gets coffee everyday and now she is starting to buy it there because it just might come a code out that give us a prize (a chocolate bar, a cake), nothing much, but better than nothing. How do you spot these promotions?

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Cool that's a pretty awesome promotion! I don't go promotion hunting, unless it is in the flyer. I usually have the flyers all around me and hunt for different specials, I guess I like to do mini couponing as well, you can save so much money this way! :) If its a random promotion (like the one you're talking about) then I really have no idea how to keep track of that promotion.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL yeah, that's true. I just knew because my colleagues were talking about it and I took a closer look there. I noticed that on the vending machines some of the products have a code, so that doesn't even make sense because I can pick that product knowing that I will win something else with it... :D The worse is if it is two things I don't feel like it.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is a specific type of vending machine. There are a list of them for sale for people who go into business doing that:

It is a great idea though. Most people stand at the vending machine trying to decide what they should order. I would definitely pick the item that might win me a prize. However, I have never personally seen one myself so they must not be popular in the Michigan (U.S.) area.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually I've never seen such a machine before Heartland, but it looks really neat!

The machines I am talking about are not like that, they are regular ones, the guys that are managing them just turned creative (good for them and for us) and they placed some stickers in some items so that is making people buying more. They should have placed the stickers in places we didn't saw them though.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't come across a vending machine that offers special promotions yet, but I just happen to stumble upon them thru a freebie when I buy something of a certain amount, or some coupons or the usual flyers and free tastes that people hand out at the mall. The internet can also help you to spot some good deals if you go to sites like dontpayfull.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, that is true, just browsing around our forum and reading the threads can give lots of ideas and opportunities. As for the vending machines, it was also the first time I saw something similar and to be honest I can just start buying there when I need something because I can win a treat. :)

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never heard of promotions in vending machines before, but it does sound like an effective way to get people to buy there, which is why I'm curious as to why not more vending machines are that way. As for how I keep an eye out for promotions, I'm signed up with a good number of local online stores and coupon sites, so I always get a newsletter with promos stated on them. Unfortunately, some of the better promos only occur for a few moments in a day, so I usually miss those, but at least they consistently pop up regularly.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of the reasons why there might not be prizes is because they need to have a supporting staff nearby to handout the awards or else it makes no sense in giving them. I am signed up in those sites as well and I receive lots of info, I think those are great because even if we don't take advantage on them we at least keep up with the prices.