Kfc Or Bojangles, Which Is Better Chicken ?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Happyflowerlady • Jul 17, 2015.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although we do not go out and buy chicken very often, I have always loved the taste of KFC chicken. I think that after they changed their name, they also changed the recipe, and took out some of the spices that they used to use.
    They seem to have raised their prices so high that it costs as much to go to KFC and have a meal on a styrofoam plate as going to a nicer restaurant, like Ryans Buffet.
    When it got so expensive, we just stopped going there; but have gotten take-out chicken from Bojangles several times , and we really like it.
    It costs a whole lot less than KFC, has a lot more flavor, and is not as greasy as KFC is. Mostly, all you can taste on the KFC chicken now is salt, whereas Bojangles has a very nice and spicy flavor to it. They also have larger and better tasting biscuits, and they give you free ice tea if you are a senior.
    So, for me, Bojangles chicken wins with no questions about it ! !

2. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    KFC is overpriced these days and the product quality is not what I remember it to be.
    I am more of a fan of the chicken from Popeyes, although they have been getting overpriced lately too and the portions are really small.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd choose Popeyes over either chicken place any day of the week, but I'd choose preparing the same foods but better at home. KFC is fine for what it is, and the same thing applies to Bojangles. I'd say that Popeyes is slightly more upscale on the food chain ladder, but the difference comes down to personal tastes. Cooking these things at home is quite simple, and you can customize the flavor to your liking and get better quality ingredients, so I'd go with that option when possible.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    KFC has lots of competition here but we remains KFC loyalists although we sometimes buy the other fried chicken brands. The come on of KFC is the gravy. My brother would be buying KFC chicken whenever we have gatherings and he would order extra gravy that he would put on the rice. KFC is still a hit with the youngsters that's why I guess KFC is the number 1 chicken choice here.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say I'm not a huge fan of KFC, to be honest. I grew up on the stuff, back when it was one of the few fast food joints we had in Botswana. Then when I lived in England, the KFC's I tried tended to have hygiene issues. I mean, thrice I found stuff in my food that shouldn't have been there! One in the next town over from where we lived was shut down due to failing a hygiene standards check. So in the end, I just lost interest. I'm not familiar with Bojangles, it's probably over in American not the UK. I'd much rather go to Nandos :)

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't had takeout food in a while, and KFC is pretty expensive for takeout, so it's been even longer since I've eaten there. I have gotten sick after eating there a couple of times, but it's probably more due to my gastro-issues than (hopefully) any hygiene issues with the shops, since I haven't seen anything in the news. I do love the cole slaw, mashed potatoes and biscuits at KFC, though. I usually will order extras (as @Corzhens@Corzhens and I mentioned in another thread) of those, so I'll have leftovers for the next meal, because I usually order a larger portion of meat, and it's just sad to eat the fried chicken, without the sides.

We don't have Bojangles here, so I can't compare, but we do have Church's Chicken and Popeye's, and I like both of those. I think Dairy Queen and Sonic also have fried chicken baskets/meals, so those are also places I would consider getting it, especially the mighty DQ, which is a personal favorite.

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Bojangles, definitely! There aren't any around me, anymore.But it has never been much of a competition.

8. Lushlala

Threads:
    KFC is also very greasy, I find. I wonder if that contributed to your falling sick after eating there, Diane? I often peel off the skin on the chicken whenever we've eaten there. I know that's where all the tasty seasoning is, but it's way too greasy for me. If it weren't for my husband, who loves KFC, I probably wouldn't ever return there. I also find that the service is very slow compared to other fast food joints like MacDonalds and Nandos.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, no doubt the grease at least exacerbated the issue, but the grease is so good. And, the skin is one of my favorite parts :eek:. That's one reason I so seldom indulge in fried chicken, or really, any fried foods, but they're just so good, I have to give in every so often. Sometimes I can eat it and not get sick, other times I do, but it's all my fault, not the fault of the establishment.

10. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I had a horrible experience with KFC. The skin on their chicken really is the best part. But the only KFC within an hour of me ruined me on it forever. The floor had a layer of grease covering it. The livers were left out of my order, and when I went back for them the employees were kind enough to add an extra fly, right there on top, clear as day. Even if Bojangles didn't taste better, they would have my business anyway.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Popeye's,Church's and even Walmart's fried chicken better than KFC. I like my chicken fried to a darker golden brown and spicy, with a lot of breading, so the mushy exterior of KFC original recipe is just gross to me.
    KFC doesn't taste as good to me as it did when I was a kid.

12. Lushlala

Threads:

Aren't we all guilty of that sometimes, Diane LOL? We know something's not good for us, but we still go ahead and stuff our faces on it anyway hehe. Why does healthy food that's good for you just not as delicious **sigh**?! Probably the biggest mystery that shall forever remain unsolved.

13. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    For me its chocolate. Plain chocolate, chocolate with rice crispies, chocolate and PB... anything that's chocolate. Can you imagine trying to lose weight when you have a chocolate addiction?

14. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I also love the taste of KFC chicken, although the one near us is horrible!
    I think it is pretty expensive for what it is too, I know they say that it is 100% breast meat but I do not think that is entirely true! Either way, it tastes good as a treat!

15. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried Bojangles yet since I'm quite sure that they're still not available in my country. KFC's chicken is good, but there are local restaurants and fast food chains here that serves better chicken than KFC. I mean, I like their chicken but it's not that they're my go-to fast food chain whenever I'm craving for chicken.

16. Conniannac

ConniannacNew Member

Threads:
    I've been a KFC person all of my life. I tried bojangles because I was excited to taste it and I just moved to the east coast. I was highly dissapointed ...The reason I don't like their chicken is because bojangles only has one option of chicken that they preheat and set out. I asked the cashier at bojangles if she could fry my chicken to be spicy and extra crispy and she looked at me like I was crazy and pointed at all the pre-made chicken. When I ate the bojangles chicken it tasted so unseasoned I had to add salt to it. It wasn't unique at all. I love KFC because they have a larger variety of chicken flavors that pop out and excite the taste buds. I never have to add salt and the chicken is never cold .That is my opinion.

17. Patfan94

Patfan94New Member

Threads:
    Bojangles without contest. They have one type of chicken, witch has great flavor. It's nice and spicy along with extremely crispy. The white meat is always moist instead of greasy like KFC. Also, it's cheaper and you get better proportions than at KFC. The closest bojangles is over an hour away from me and I pass a KFC every day heading home from work. Where do I eat more often? Bojangles. Also, bojangles sweet tea is on a different level than any beverages at KFC.

18. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Bojangles has better chicken and I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it. Besides the chicken I also really enjoy the biscuits and the macaroni and cheese. The cheddar bo biscuit is another favorite of mine that I have once in a while. It's a wonderful meal for a family. I have also had in KFC in the past and I did like it so I would eat from there again but I pick Bojangles as the winner too. Looks like I'll be going to Bojangles again soon for more delicious chicken.