Kfc Snacks

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by tasha • Feb 5, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I discovered that KFC has a menu for those who cannot pay the hefty prices for take out and I got the family a meal which included, mash, bread and 3 pieces of chicken, that was fantastic the kids loved it and they were full afterwards and the best part is that take out didn't cost as much as it usually does. For big families this is a good saving if you are in a hurry and need a quick but filling meal on a budget.
    Take a look at their snack menu but do you have the same menu everywhere in the world?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    KFC is the favorite of my brother. I think that is good news for him since I know that he is buying KFC snacks when on a trip - he travels regularly from Manila to a province twice a week. But I think that family meal you mentioned with 3 pieces of chicken would be good enough only for him. He loves KFC so much that he can finish 2 pieces in a matter of minutes especially when he is in a hurry. With 3 pieces, of course, that would be a treat to him.

3. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    yes that family meal is only for one person or little kids but it seems that everyone loves kfc. I am not a fan of take aways and junk food but when you are out of time it is a good option

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've noticed that these chain fast food restaurants are not exactly the same from country to country. For instance, when I compare the UK menu to the Botswana one, I can see 'regional' influences that are unique to each country. But you're right, the snack menu is definitely good as a money saver. I'm not overly fond of KFC myself, but I do enjoy the popcorn chicken :)

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    KFC just introduced "Budgetarian Fully loaded Meal" over here and it consists of 1 chicken, rice, mashed potato and mushroom soup, so I think it's cheap already and good value for your money:

. I will actually be trying this one out when I pass by KFC.

#5Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think all countries have the same many but I'm guessing that most do have the lower priced items portion. I myself order from that section sometimes when I am on a budget or when I just don't feel as hungry. It's a great option to get just a light snack for when I'm walking around a mall and just need to fill up a little. I find when I eat too much I feel too sluggish and I don't feel too much like shopping anymore. Also doing this saves me money which I can then spend on purchases.

7. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    All countries don't have the same menus, but somethings are pretty common. The taste and the recipe of the Chicken, for example, does not change from country to country. Also, local coupons are generally always available for KFC in most parts of the World.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    KFC customizes its menu depending on the context. For instance, value meals in my country are different from the value meals offered in Singapore and elsewhere in Asia. They also have to customize the pricing to correspond with the local average income level. Compared to McDonald's, it's a bit more pricey but on the whole still affordable.

9. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    KFC is also one of the most popular fast food chains here in my country but it also has a different set of menu compared to other countries. I do take my meals there sometimes especially and I think the meals are okay for an average person. It's more expensive than other fast food chains though as what @xTinx@xTinx said but overall I think KFC is still a good option for affordability. :)

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    KFC got good tasting chicken too! I wait for the bus at one of the KFC restaurants and noticed that they had different kinds of deals going on and very economical too. It's so good to be able to afford outside meals so you can take a break from cooking every now and then. I love KFC Poppers!

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course, the taste's the same wherever you go. That to me is what KFC is all about, the very core of the brand. KFC is very popular here too. It's one of the very few big global brands that have made it to Botswana, plus it's been around for as long as I can remember. For as long as I've been alive, we've always had a KFC and although it can be more expensive than most fast food joints, it still remains very popular. I'm not that big of a fan, though.

12. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Reading all these posts has made me hungry. Maybe I'll grab a bite at the nearby KFC, or maybe I'll wait for the weekend, since the highway is lined with KFCs.

13. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that KFC chicken is nowhere nearly as good as it used to be ! I remember back when it was first started, and the name was actually Kentucky Fried Chicken, and not just KFC. The spices they used made the chicken very flavorful and it was delicious .
    Now, it has gotten so expensive that it costs almost double what other commercial fried chicken places charge, and they do not flavor it the way it used to be.
    We had not had an for several years because the price had gone up so much; but one day we decided to top and get an order. We were SO disappointed ! It had no flavor, and all it tasted like was GREASE ! ! Yuck !
    My favorite chicken to buy now is Bojangles, and they actually still have spices in it and it does not taste anywhere near as greasy ass KFC chicken tastes. We will NEVER waste any money on going to KFC ever again !

14. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have noticed that KFC is quite expensive, as far as take out food goes. I love the menu choices I've tried. I do think it's probably changed somewhat over the years, but that's probably more to do with the desire to fit in with what people buy, so keep the numbers up, as well as what's in the news regarding health. It seems most fast food and other restaurants have done the same. I've always loved their biscuits and coleslaw, and also enjoy their mashed potatoes and gravy. I've never eaten at a KFC outside of the U.S., so I can't speak to the variations, but I would imagine they're in tune with what's accepted and expected in those cultures. I still enjoy their chicken, but I also like fried chicken from Popeyes, Church's and DQ.

15. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Popeye's chicken is also very good, @Diane Lane@Diane Lane , and I like that you can choose spicy or non-spicy. that way, people who do not care of spicy food can still enjoy eating there.
    Here, we only have one Popeye'ss that has the buffet meal, and all of the other ones just have takeout or menu items. SSince the one that does have the buffet is right near Lowe's, we often stop by for the senior special buffet on our monthly trip to Lowe's .
    I have not had Church's chicken in a very long time. I think there was one here; but clear on the other side of the city, and in part of the town that we never need to go. I am not even sure whether that restaurant is even there anymore or not.
    KFC used to also have a senior special, and I liked that, and the price was very reasonable. When I was selling newspaper subscriptions and worked near somewhere with a KFC nearby, then I would sometimes have the senior special on my lunch break.

16. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    They're terrific. I am still stopping by and grabbing them from time to time for less than 3 dollars. I have been to China when I was in college but from what I remembered, the menu there is quite standard. I think they were even more expensive than a regular restaurant.

17. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My family loves KFC. We eat it as a treat every few months or for a large sporting event. I usually go and get a bucket when I have a coupon to save $5 off a bucket which includes fries, gravy, 12 pieces and 2 salads but I like the idea of eating off the snack menu. If it saves money then why not. Sometimes I find you don't eat everything that's included in the package so being able to pick and choose what you want to make up your meal off the snack menu appeals to me.