Kfc

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kana_marie • Mar 18, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    In the newest town there are 2 options when you want fried chicken; KFC or a certain gas station. I love chicken but its very rare that I buy it precooked. I went into the KFC recently and it was the most disgusting restaurant I have ever steeped foot in! The floor had a layer of grease on it from one end to the other. The trash was completely full. The employees were acting like school kids whose teacher had left the room. I went ahead and ordered. I was really in the mood for chicken and I really hoped that good quality food was the reason this place hadn't gone ou t of business yet. I swear to you there was a fly on top of my livers. I'll probably never visit another KFC anywhere, again. Have you never had an experience so bad that you were turned off to the entire chain forever?

2. Hybridlullaby

HybridlullabyNew Member

Threads:
    I am shocked that it is not just the KFC restaurants where I like that are like that. I saw an employee at mine drop a spoon from a buffet bar item then just put it right back like nothing had happened. Everything at the food bar was over cooked or just old. I used to love KFC, but in the past year it has just gone completely down hill.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have actually never had a terribly disgusting experience with KFC, luckily. Or any other food place, except McDonald's, though it was a food change issue for me. Not an actual visual cleanliness thing!!! KFC are not my favorite fast food establishment. They do sometimes have little bits of lettuce from the burgers on the floor though, which so does McDonalds.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I've always found that KFC seems a bit more hygienic than McDonalds and burger king, just a shame that I'm not really a lover of fried chicken.
    Its also a little more expensive than the other 2 though. As far as fast food restaurants go, there isn't really a great deal of choice to be honest, unless you include the pizza chains in that bracket as well.

5. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    In my place KFC is very clean and well organized. I absolutely like the chicken of KFC. The taste is very superb. It makes me want to go back again and again.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always said KFC is very hit and miss to me. I have come across many dirty ones, whose hygiene have left A LOT to be desired. The service is not much better. To be honest, even when it comes to taste, I'm not all that impressed. I'd take Nandos and McDonald's any day. I had 2 closed down by the council due to extreme lack of hygiene. I've found horrible stuff I won't mention in my burger twice. It's not really for me.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have never been through a situation like that before. That sounds really horrible. In my country, most fast food chains are really clean and decent-looking. The service crew and staff are also very polite and helpful. I am actually fond of eating at KFC with my friends, and I like the food and the service this one always offers to me.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Livers? Do you mind my asking where you're from? I was thinking I would be a tad more skeptical of 'gas station' chicken but truth be told my friend lives much more south in the states than I & she swears by 'gas station' chicken. It's strange to me still.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I stopped eating at KFC the day that my ex got into an argument with the cashier and they spit in our food.
    The chicken was slimy and smelled like an ashtray. I've never gone back.
    I prefer the batter at places like Popeye's and Walmart anyway. I like my fried chicken to have that brown Popeye's look, I hate pale ,undercooked breading.

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of KFC, or anyone else's fried chicken for that matter. Too greasy, and I never eat chicken skin anyway. The last time I was at one it was fine as far as an inexpensive restaurant goes, but I wouldn't go back if I had another option. I was only there because that's where the other people wanted to go. One thing about restaurant fried food is that they don't change the oil often enough, so even if they say no transfats, that's not true because they made the trans fats themselves in the fryer.

11. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    The KFC here in my town is also very dirty and the employee's are all unprofessional, young, and immature. KFC is also REALLY expensive. Did you happen to price out a meal to feed a family? We hardly EVER eat there because its just as much as going to a restaurant. When we are looking for quick and cheap fried chicken we go to a local grocery store and buy their deli friend chicken. This is not only cost effective as its A LOT cheaper but its also really yummy. Also our local Albertsons has a promotion on Mondays' called "Cheap Chicken Monday" and the meals are usually about half off. I suggest checking out your local grocery stores. You might be surprised just how good it is.

12. Determined2014

Determined2014New Member

Threads:
    KFC has become expensive, it is somewhat okay when you want to eat there as an individual, but when it comes to feeding the whole family it gets too expensive and there are way too many places which have just as good or better chicken as KFC, so why not go for the ones that are more pocket friendly.

13. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Ugh, this makes me never want to go to KFC again. I probably will go again, but I'm just saying.
    I hate when I go into places that are dealing with food, it's dirty and people are acting all stupid and immature. I would've reported it.
    I usually always go through the drive-thru at my KFC, so I have no idea what it looks like inside.
    I had an experience of going into a Burger King bathroom, and it was so filthy in there I said I would never eat in that Burger King again:confused:.

I'm very leery about eating out. I'm very leery about food that comes in cans from a grocery store for that matter. The only foods I fully 'trust' are fresh fruits and nuts.

14. Hybridlullaby

HybridlullabyNew Member

Threads:
    I once went to Taco Bell after midnight. There was a worker sleeping on a counter in the front section with a pair of tongs or something on their chest. I had to laugh, but at the same time, it was pretty gross to have their shoes and such on the counter.
    I generally just don't go back to any restaurant that was dirty or had rude workers after the first experience.

15. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As someone else stated, KFC can be hit or miss. I rarely eat there anyway, since I think Popeye's is much better if we want fried chicken. There was a KFC near my home where I grew up that was decent. There is one in the city near where I live now that is fine. We stopped at one once when we were out of town on a trip, and it was terrible. I think it has a lot to do with the management. When I see a bunch of kids jumping around behind the counter in some fast food joint without someone in charge, I think it's a good idea to steer clear.

16. Determined2014

Determined2014New Member

Threads:
    KFC has lost its cool over the past years, many people also have their recipe, therefore they can make the chicken at the comfort of their homes and many people pick popeyes over KFC, they should make some changes.

17. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I live in Tennessee right now. I grew up further south in Louisiana and the Carolina's, though. There is some GREAT gas station chicken. I used to work at the one in town before it sold out and became corporate owned. It sold more chicken than KFC did. Now it's just blah. When I want chicken and I'm near a gas station that sells it, and I haven't tried it before, I won't hesitate to eat it.

18. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I live in the UK and have been impressed with KFC lately, the staff are friendly and efficient and the premises are clean and well presented. In contrast McDonald's staff are generally rude and they regularly get orders wrong.

KFC are the subject of a documentary here featuring their staff and restaurants. I think it is generally proving to be a good public relations exercise for them as the documentary is portraying KFC and it's workers in a positive light. KFC's staff do seem on the whole a dedicated bunch. The only downside is that KFC will use their power to get planning consent to open new restaurants in residential areas. This upsets local homeowners and is detrimental to the environment.

19. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    The McDonald's here in the US have the exact same issues. 1 out of every 4 visits they'll get it right the first time.

20. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    I feel like every fast food chain is a hit or miss. We have 2 McDonald's in our town that are owned by 2 different companies. One is clearly better than the other. So much so that I actually pass the dirty, slow McDonald's and drive about 4 miles out of the way to go to the other one. I have been to McDonald's in other towns or states that are spotless, fast, and having amazing service. I have been to McDonald's that make me want to vomit.

I think that KFC, Popeye's, Burger Kings, McDonald's, Hardee's, and other assorted fast food places are a product of their location and owners. It is just like anything else in the world, when people care about what they are doing, you see better results. Another thought is, employees who have a better relationship with their bosses and co-workers are usually more willing to contribute to cleanliness and customer service.