Kids - bigger car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Strykstar • Aug 1, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you feel there is a need to upgrade to a station wagon-type car when you start to have kids, or is it not really needed?
    I imagine there will be a lot more stuff you need to carry around like the stroller for example so you'd need the extra room. Anyone with experience in this?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It would really depend on how many kids, how often the vehicle is used, and what the previous vehicle is.

There are a lot of 'family sized' cars that aren't necessarily station-wagons, too, so you can find some in-between options.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. There would be no reason to buy a bigger car if you won't be using it that much. In fact when you're buying a car and you're planning to start a family and you probably know how many kids you're going to have, you should probably buy the kind of car you won't need to replace. It would save you some money in the long run.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids but some of my friends and office mates have. And I see that most of them have larger vehicles than us who don't have kids.

Also, I have friends who have kids and are planning to purchase a vehicle larger than a car.

I think that a larger car is better for a family with kids.

However, if I'll only have one kid (or if I plan to have only one), then I'll just be content with my trusty Toyota Corolla. :D

5. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I did actually. :) My husband and I didn't feel the need to "upgrade" when we had our first baby as we 3 can still travel comfortably in our old car. The need to buy a bigger vehicle became evident only after my 3rd baby. Because aside from the baby's things, the car was also becoming smaller for my other two growing kids and they were complaining already. :D

6. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    There is no need to upgrade to a station wagon type of car, unless you have more than two kids. If you do, then it would be wise to do so in my opinion.