Kids Furniture

Discussion in Make a Specific Deal/Coupon Request started by rachallen • Mar 30, 2012.

1. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    Hi, my kids have outgrown their toddler beds and need new beds. I am thinking a twin, or possibly full bed for both of them. Does anyone know of any good deals or cheap furniture stores that sell beds. I looked at Walmart, but didn't find anything. I really don't know if I want to buy a used one. I love Pottery Barn Kids, but there is no way that I could afford their beds. Thanks so much!

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't go with a used one, for safety reasons. You never know the abuse it could have taken before you get it. Toys R Us may be a place to keep an eye on. Many times you can get coupons from the Sunday paper or possibly from Toys R Us to get a certain amount or certain percentage off of an item. They are not always as cheap as Walmart, but they can be cheaper then other places for bunk beds and other beds. If you have an Unclaimed Freight anywhere near you, check them out. They are often quite cheap for good quality furniture.

3. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Hi rachallen you do not include a location in your post. So I am not sure where you are? I think it makes a huge difference depending upon where you live in order to get someone to suggest one for you.

I too agree with the above, do not go used, bed bugs have made a huge comeback this year, and they can easily live on bed frames. You do not want a bed bug infection, as they are an expensive pest to get rid of. With all the budget retailers around these days, I would go with new. If you let me know your location, I will try my best to help.

4. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    Hi, I live in the USA (Texas). We got our crib from ToysRUs and it is really nice, but we paid a lot (no coupons). I have learned my lesson with 3 boys and now know not to buy anything too expensive. My 3 year old is a terror and breaks everything he touches. I refuse to buy anything nice until he is in Kindergarten and grown out of this stage. Has anyone had any experience with Ikea? They seem pretty cheap, but I am not sure if it will hold up.

5. kcampbell

kcampbellNew Member

Threads:
    You should try Ikea. Ikea always has good deals. If that does not work than maybe Figurehut. They have quality furniture at good prices. What part of Texas are you from? Have you looked into the greensheet?

6. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    We bought a nice twin bed from Big Lots. It was a lot cheaper than any of the other stores, and it has held up for a few years now. The only advice I have is to stay away from teh metal beds at Big Lots. We went through 2 of them pretty quickly. I have three boys and they are not graceful when it comes to getting into bed. We found that the wood beds seem to be the best bet. They are not high quality, but they work when you are in a bind and can't afford an expensive bed.

7. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks, we have an Ikea about 45 minutes from us and a Big Lot about 20 minutes away. I will check them out. I have never heard of FingerHut, but am going to look them up online next. I was debating on whether to get a metal bed or wood, but I will probably stick with wood. My kids could care less what they sleep on right now and are perfectly content in their tiny toddler beds, but they are growing like weeds and I need to find something probably in the next couple of months.

8. HalbertMason

HalbertMasonNew Member

Threads:
    When you chose a furniture for your kids at that time, you have to chose according to their likes and dislikes. Use curtains which are pictured with the cartoonist. You can try something new for your children's furniture.

9. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I agree on a few things me tioned above. One, don't ever buy a used mattress. You never know where it's been and what it has been used for. Two, big lots has the best deal on name brand furniture, even mattresses.

10. brownclark

brownclarkNew Member

Threads:
    You live in USA and there are many stores available for funriture shopping. DFW furniture direct.
    1401 Jupiter Rd. #107, Plano, TX 75074. I have being shopping for there for my kids and I must suggest you to shop from there. Their customer interaction is very friendly and helpful.

11. davidhood

davidhoodNew Member

Threads:
    I purchased a twin bed for my kid's room from furniture zone and sleep shop. They also provided us with good quality mattresses for it. The quality is really good and bed looks stylish as well. I think you can check out their website and have a look at their furniture products.