Kindle Fire 49.95

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Ke Gordon • Nov 27, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is one thing I am defintely buying myself for Christmas. I would like to trade in my old kindle as part of the "upgrade" but I have a number of books on there. How do you transfer books from the old kindle does anyone know? I am sure that Amazon could tell me...but at 50 dollars for a decent tablet I think it is something I really want.

UPDATE:
    Actually I have an up date on this, I see for Black Friday week this tablet is now 34.99 Yipee!!! I am not sure what I am going to do about my old kinlde though...If it could be automatically synced with the other kindle that would be great. Great bargain from Amazon!

#1Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
  2. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I think everything should be on some type of "cloud". So once you sign your account into the new kindle, all of your ebooks should come up. By me not having a Kindle I don't know if it comes with a micro SD card slot. Otherwise I would say to just put everything on to that card. I have used the amazon Kindle app on my smartphone though. When you go to buy your kindle, ask a amazon representative on what to do. This is their product so I'm pretty sure they would know what to do.

3. kittyssn24

kittyssn24New Member

Threads:
    I agree! I am thinking of getting a couple of these for my little guys. I encourage reading and educational games.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is a fabulous price, order now, but I don't think they are available until December 14...but plenty of time to put them under the tree. My nephews have them and enjoy them. They are both teens. So, I think it is a valuable commodity. I totally love reading on the kindle, and the fact so many free books are available for Kindle ereaders makes it awesome.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I need to purchase a full use tablet. I am not sure the Kindle Fire would serve my needs. If it does I would be very happy to get the Kindle at that price. I will be checking that out.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally LOVE my Kindle, and I was looking at the new ones for only $35, that is an awesome price for a brand new one !
    When you have an Amazon account, all of your Kindle ebooks are stored in the cloud, and can also be stored on the device, @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon .
    If you keep your old Kindle, you will just register this new one as your Kindle #2, or whatever you want to name it. All of the books can then be downloaded onto either or both kindles.
    If you sell the old one, then the ebook library will just transfer over to your new one. All you have to do is go to your Amazon account page,go to "manage my devices", and delete the old Kindle and add the new one.

One of the great things that I recently discovered about the Kindle is that it can virtually turn webpages into looking like a book when you are reading it.
    If I am reading a webpage that has a lot of information on it, there is a little pair of eyeglasses that pops up at the top of the page, and it says "reading view" .
    When you choose that, it changes the webpage from whatever colors that it is , and turns it into a black and white page like a book would be.
    Much easier to read that way, and of course, all of the pictures are still in full color, so it does not change that part.