Kindle Fire For Kids

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by YDdraig • Oct 8, 2015.

1. YDdraig

YDdraigNew Member

Threads:
    I'm still looking for a tablet for the kids, and one that has come up time and again is the Kindle Fire Kids Edition. Has anyone seen this?

There are two models and two prices. The lower price one is the new, budget tablet and the higher is the standard one. Both come with a foam rubber bumper case that claims to massively reduce drop risks.

The big thing though is, if the kids break it, they replace it for free. No quibbles, at all, for two full years. What do you guys think of Kindles?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think one of the first questions is how old are the kids you are looking to purchase the Kindle Fire for? My grandkids are teenagers and they have Samsung tablets that seem to be working good for them. One of the things I have heard about the Kindle is the background lite makes it easier to read a book. If you get a Kindle Fire or another tablet you do want to make sure you put it in an Otterbox to protect the casing.

3. YDdraig

YDdraigNew Member

Threads:
    But that's the thing, the case that the Kid's edition comes with is pretty incredible. It's thick, firm foam that can be dropped repeatedly. They seem to review very well (both the case and the Kindle Fire) and seem to be relatively sturdy and last well in child hands. And with the two year replacement guarantee it almost makes the case irrelevant, as they'll get a new one if the worst did happen.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I
    like the Kindles. I don't know anything about the Kindle for kids. but the colors are the Kindles are vibrant, and it seems you can do a lot with them in terms of a tablet. I wouldn't hav any problem buying one if I had young children in the house. Anything that encourages reading is good in my book, and if the Kindle does that, I think it is a good device to have around.

5. YDdraig

YDdraigNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, it definitely encourages reading. The Kindle for Kids series comes with a year of free Fire for Kids subscription, which includes unlimited access to a good range of books. I've had a look at it already and am quite pleased with it, and it's all helping me to lean towards getting one. I'm really taken by the idea of it being replaced for free if they manage to break it at any point.