Kindle Fire

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by SarahLizzie • May 20, 2012.

1. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    This past Valentine's Day, my boyfriend purchased a Kindle Fire for me. When I opened the box, I was extremely excited to play with my toy! The Kindles and Kindle Fires have received such high reviews.

Unfortunately for me, this was the experience I encountered. When I attempted to connect to my wireless connection, it would not connect. After spending hours on the phone with tech support, finally my Kindle Fire was able to detect my internet connection. Once the internet connection was picked up, it would more slower than molasses in January.

After speaking with customer support regarding the problems I was having with my Kindle Fire, they recommended a replacement for it. So I went through the process of shipping the item back to the company, and waiting fora new one to be received. With the new one, I had the same exact problems.

So I returned it, and invested an extra $100 for a Tablet instead of an e-reader.

2. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't have a Kindle, but got a Nook Color for my birthday and didn't care for it either. I end up still reading most of my books on paper. I know a lot of people that speak so highly of e-readers; but they just aren't for me. Mine, also, was very slow - and I know it isn't our internet connection because our computers work must quicker!

3. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I have the older Kindle, and now the Fire. I downloaded a sample book and "bought" some free books from Amazon into the Fire, but they don't 't show up in the older Kindle. I turned on Wireless in both, and clicked on Sync in the Fire. All of a sudden, my books and underlines which were on the older Kindle went effortlessly onto the Fire. Also, they didn't show up in the Fire if I used Amazon on the computer to download them. I had to control the purchase it from the Kindle Fire.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. I've only hear really good things about the Kindle Fire and I have a Nook myself. With the understanding that they are tablets, I think they both are pretty fast for downloads and the only issue I've ever had with my Nook detecting my WiFi signal is on the router's end, not the Nook.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been slow to buy a e-reader. I just prefer a physical book, but I know I will eventually purchase one. This is the first time I've heard negative issues with the Kindle or Nook. I'm not really sure which one I'll purchase. I definitely will need to do some research.

6. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't consider the kindle fire an e-reader. THe kindle fire is a tablet, the nook color is a tablet. Tablets with back-lit technology aren't meant for reading (except they ar enice in dark rooms). Kindles and nooks use e-ink and look really jsut like a book.

I still prefer the real thing from time to time but the kindle is definitely nice for travel and for getting books instantly.

7. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    That is really unfortunate. I have both a fire as well as the 80 dollar reader one. They have, for me, worked perfectly without any problems (knock on wood) I have had them for months now and enjoy them both very much. Obviously not all of their products will work perfectly, just sucks you got screwed over twice!