Kindle Vs Nook. The Great Debate!

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by eagle22 • Mar 27, 2014.

1. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I love the idea of having an ereader. Many of my friends prefer to have actual books they can read through, but personally I think an ereader makes more sense. It's pretty cool to have all your books right there in one place. I want to get an ereader but can't decide between the Kindle or the Nook. I have heard the Kindle has a bigger library which is obviously a huge advantage, but I LOVE the way the Nook feels in my hands.

Those of you who own either of these, what do you think?

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I must say I have both the Kindle and the Nook and the nook is ok but I prefer the Kindle over the nook. I like that the kindle is much faster and much more convenient when it comes to surfing the net and all. The kindle gives you access to more apps than the Nook.

3. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I would prefer kindle (kindle paperwhite).
    1. Kindles' ink display and light is a tad better than nook.
    2. Kindles' easy reach tap zones makes turning pages an ease.
    3. Kindle has more extra features for the readers.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried both and I am still a physical book person over an e-reader, but if I had to choose, I'd also go with the Kindle over the Nook. I find the downloading far easier, and generally speaking, I trust Amazon over Barnes and Noble as a business that is going to sustain itself long term.

Also, when you think about the number of users for each, and consider the possibility of sharing books, the Kindle will always have more availability at a cheaper price. It just will. It is a superior product in my opinion.

5. zestytomato

zestytomatoNew Member

Threads:
    Kindle wins, no competition. Other websites that host free ebooks tend to have a Kindle file for download, not to mention that downloading onto Kindle is incredibly fast. Also, Amazon has a page dedicated to the free books it has for their device, where I have seen nothing of the sort for Nook. I predict that Nook will probably die down in the next year or so, unless B&N can give their product something that Kindle actually has to compete with.

6. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    I originally had a Nook and through a tragic accident (read: our golden retriever got a hold of it), it was broken. My husband bought a Kindle for me in the aftermath and I have to say that the Kindle wins out in my opinion. The Nook I had was an older version than the Kindle to be fair, but I find the interface to be simpler to navigate, and the ink changing technology is definitely a little more advanced. The Kindle pages are "cleaner" through the transition. I also prefer buying ebooks through Amazon, rather than being somewhat limited by the B&N website. Either are good choices for ereaders and I had good experiences with both, but if I had to make a choice, I would vote for the Kindle.

7. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    The fact that the Nook is limited to B&B is really telling. You can get way more stuff on amazon plus the kindle is better anyway. I received a nook as a gift from relatives several years ago but ended up selling it because I never used it compared to my kindle.