Kitchen Remodel

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Brook • Sep 27, 2012.

1. Brook

BrookMember

Threads:
    I'm currently prices various kitchen cabinets brands as mine are nearly 35 years old! It's a arduous task searching through all the stores and online sites. I want a mid range price cabinet that will not warp or discolor. I'd like a painted maple. Does anyone have any suggestions on what brands to look for and what brands to stay away from? I'm drowning in catalogs and brochures!

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have Huntwood cabinetry in our home and have been very happy with them. Is sanding, staining and refinishing your existing cabinetry an option? It may be a cheaper way to go and if you don't want to do the work your self, there are some companies that will do it for you.

3. Brook

BrookMember

Threads:
    I will check out Huntwood, Thanks! I have thought about have my existing cabinets refinished but I want to change all my base cabinets to drawer based cabinets. I have seen drawers in new houses that I've looked at and I love the idea of it! They hold so much more and no more trying to find lids/bowls/etc in the very back of those door cabinets! Also my cabinets are over 30 years old!

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Quite a project but I'm sure once it is complete, you will be a lot happier. Here is a link to Huntwood's website for more information on them:

Good luck with the remodel!

5. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    You may want to check several cabinet makers in your area, to be sure... we ended up with a custom cabinet maker who did all the measurements, made suggestions, followed our wishes, and installed everything cheaper than we could buy the ones at Lowe's or Home Depot! It took a few calls to find him, but it was WELL worth it! With the economy so bad, many of them are hungry for work, too.

6. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Are your current cabinets ruined? Or just dated and old looking?

If the base wood is solid, you might consider refinishing your old ones. As a DIY project it is pretty easy. And supplies and new hardware is way less expensive than remodelling. Just a thought.

But I second the call around to local businesses and craftspeople. You might find a deal because they need the work.

7. markbill

markbillNew Member

Threads:
    You've spent hours paging through design magazines, imagining every aspect of your dream kitchen. Now it's time for a reality check: the budget. Sure, it's not as fun as contemplating countertop choices, but giving careful consideration to budgeting can keep a project from turning into a financial nightmare. Go with

for more ideas about kitchen remodeling.

8. MichelleRhett

MichelleRhettNew Member

Threads:
    I hate my kitchen at home!

9. rajks

rajksNew Member

Threads:
    I read all discussion , good effort every one.Thanks for share