Kitchenaid Stand Mixers Are Amazing

Discussion in Product Reviews started by deecee • Apr 30, 2012.

1. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    Several years ago I was given a Kitchenaid stand mixer. It is a remarkable device. Mine has the beater, whip, and dough hook. I love the dough hook. I make a lot more homemade bread now, since the mixer does all the mixing and kneading. Fresh pizza dough is also a snap.

2. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    You will also love the pasta maker attachment as it will let you make homemade pasta easily. Then you can finally start to taste the freshest pasta ever. I know for me this has helped me blow out any of the pastas I have from the store or the restaurants.

3. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I have wanted one of these for the longest time, but just haven't wanted to spend the money. I don't cook a lot, but I might start if I had an appliance like this one. My husband got me a standing mixer one year for Christmas - I think he thought it was the same thing LOL. All it did was mix as the bowl spinned.

4. emmit6378

emmit6378New Member

Threads:
    I have this old kitchen aid that's yellow and about a hundred pounds. It is king of my kitchen. I bought the pasta maker for it too @Isabellas2007 and it works great. Sadly though I did not get a good deal on the pasta maker. I have managed to find all the attachments for the mixer and we use it a few times a week. It tends to bring the family together also because everyone wants to use it lol :)

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I saw one the other day and thought how nice it would be to have one. I am gald I read your post and all the comments on how good they are. I will try to get one soon now. I would definately want the pasta maker. We have been doing it by hand and as I get older it is getting harder to do it. I would also like the dough maker for the same reason!

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I love my KitchenAid mixer!

I have several attachments and use it for even more than you'd expect, too. For example, I use my meat grinder attachment to mash a ton of mashed potatoes for the freezer at once. use the juicer one to make fruit roll-ups in my dehydrator. And I make a bunch of fresh pasta and ravioli with the pasta makers. It's an all-in-one kitchen tool for me, no doubt.

7. emmit6378

emmit6378New Member

Threads:
    Oh my a meat grinder, I did not know that they made one of those!!! That's why I love forums, you can learn something new every time you login!! Thanks everyone!

8. Jessi

Threads:
    Oh yes! I have the meat grinders, sausage stuffer, shredder/grater/slicer food processor style ones, juicer, pasta maker, a couple cutters, ravioli maker, and the regular mixing hook/whisk/paddle. If I made more ice cream, they have an ice cream maker attachment, too.

Check out these:

9. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Emmit they also make a grain grinder for them. So you can buy whole uncracked grains and make your own flower. This is a great item and works wonders at getting your own control over what goes into your flour for baking!

10. dcprechtl

dcprechtlNew Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately I have had no luck with Kitchenaid mixers. I have had two in less than a yr and broke both of them. My husband says the next one I get will be of professional grade due to my bread making twice a week.

11. Jessi

Threads:
    Did you send them back? They come with a one year guarantee automatically and you can get extended warranties. I had to return mine at one point and they were awesome about sending me a new one and -then- I sent mine back, that way I never had to have a day without.

12. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    My mom always had a Kichenaid mixer. It worked for many years before she had to replace it. I've noticed how many cool colors these mixers come in these days - even hot pint and yellow.

13. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    I had a friend years ago who had a KitchenAid, and I was always puzzled about how she would rave about it. After I got mine, I understood the accolades. I'm not really the type of person to have a lot of brand loyalty, but I really do appreciate my mixer.

14. dcprechtl

dcprechtlNew Member

Threads:
    Yup sent both back each time. They even told my husband though that with how often I make bread dough that these are not really the right mixers for me. Their great for making cookie dough and the occasional bread doughs but not an every other day bread dough mixer. I put it through the grinder so to say...

15. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I love my kitchen aid mixer! But I have heard bad stories before from people who make a lot of bread about theirs breaking down. I wish I could have gotten ahold of my grandmas, I got the updated version of the one she had, but hers was a beast. She had it for like 40 years and it always worked great!

16. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I believe theres a review of mine on this product somewhere else on this page but who minds writing about something awesome twice! My husband recently purchased the meat grinder attachment and sausage stuffing attachment for the machine. We've been going sausage crazy at home. This machine really is the best stand mixer out there. I have used a variety through my career as a pastry chef and none can compare to the KitchenAid.

17. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    Wow. I have always wanted one of these. But they aren't cheap and the thing that holds me back is that I love to cook and have been doing all sorts of gourmet cooking for years and years by hand without one just fine, so how do I justify spending the money when I obviously don't need one...

18. Jessi

Threads:
    Because you can do so much MORE. Yes, I can make bread by hand just fine....but letting it knead even more efficiently in a mixer instead of spending 20 minutes doing it by hand, means I have time to do other things, too. Can I mix cookies together just fine by hand? Of course. But doing 5 batches at once goes a whole lot more smoothly and quickly with a mixer. Can I make ravioli by hand and it taste great? Definitely. But I can make dozens of them in a fraction of the time, so I can spend more time on perfecting the filling or preparing other side dishes, or just making more to toss in the freezer, etc.

Yes, they're kind of pricey, but you can usually get them for around $150 if you keep an eye out and they last for many, many years.

19. goodselfme

goodselfmeMember

Threads:
    After reading all these comments on this thread, I will be buying Kitchenaid. Saving money by not buying a lot of machines makes good sense to me. If the Kitchenaid does all that Jesse says, I believe her and think that appliance can be a big help in the kitchen.Thank you.

20. Jessi

Threads:
    I am head over heels in love with my KA, no doubt. Here, I can show you some examples of how I use it even:

This is when I bought a bunch of cheese, grated it all at once, and then froze it so that any time we needed cheese for tacos or casseroles or whatever, all I did was let it thaw in the fridge overnight (or used it frozen in things that would be baked), and didn't spend any time right then messing with it:

P1040419.

When I was moving, I made it very clear that any person who decided to touch this box would suffer dire consequences if something went wrong:

101_3665.

Here's how I use my KA to make fruit rollups/leather: