Kmart auto service-- not a self starter

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by artifactsofmars • Jul 11, 2012.

1. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    This happened at a K-Mart auto service center. It was a nightmare. I took the car in to have the starter replaced. I waited an unbelievable amount of time to do this, like 5 or 6 hours, possibly more. Finally they told me the car was done.
    I paid for the repair, went out to the car, and tried to start it. There was nothing! They had not even touched it. Fuming I stormed back in there and ripped them a new one. It was another hour and a half before they actually had the car fixed.

2. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    What in the world happeed there? Nobody even tried to see if the car started? What ignorance. All that time for nothing, I think I would have reported it and requested, mo demanded a reduction in the charge. Terrible.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's disgusting that you had to wait a total of 7 1/2 hours to get your car fixed. That's a whole work day. Getting that car fixed cost you more than what you paid for the repairs. It also cost you a day of productivity, which is priceless. I'm sorry that happened to you, and I hope you raised hell about it.

4. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I would of also demanded some type of compensation for my time! I mean, taking their time because they may be busy is one thing! but to tell someone that they have fixed their car when they haven't even looked at it- is pretty shocking!! For a big company too! I think I would write a strongly worded letter to their head office expressing my displeasure with what that center calls service.