Kmart Stores Closing

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Isabellas2007 • May 29, 2012.

1. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    Our local Mobile, AL store was a K-Mart that turned into a Sears store.

2. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    I believe Kmart needs to rebrand if they want to stay relevant, sort of like how JC Penny's had to do. Stores like Target and Walmart make it feel hip to shop their and buy their brands.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know ,right? Target is the classy discount store with products by Mossimo, Isaac Mizrahi and Sonia Kashuk. Walmart is the cheap and convenient discount store where you can get a floor lamp marked down to $2 when the back to college stuff goes on sale. Kmart has nothing unique going for it, no niche that it fills.
    It's time for Kmart to go the way of the samurai and die an honorable death instead of clinging on with their cluttered stores and sad merchandise selection. My local Kmart sells computer keyboards but no computers. That's lame. You can go into Walmart and buy a computer or anything else you need.

4. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    The few times I've been in Kmart in the last few years, I'm not surprised they are closing stores. They don't seem to have much of a selection, the stores seem run down and there weren't many people in the store when I went. They keep having rumors they are closing too. It seems like they've had this trouble for a while and can't get their stores back to being profitable. I was surprised before that Martha Stewart had a line there. That's the reason for one of my last trips there, to see some of her Christmas decorations. I found out KMart no longer carries Martha Stewart either, so I'm sure that will hurt them as well.

5. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I am actually surprised that Kmart didn't fold under before Mervyn's did. Kmart is such a cheap store to me. I've bought some cheaply made bed linens there that fell apart after just a few washes. Other items I've bought there have given me trouble, too. I, for one am not surprised that they are closing down stores. I am surprised that they haven't closed down completely; although, I would be vey sad for the people that work there and would lose their jobs.

6. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    It may be a sign of the times, where people are just not spending at the stores, which would have the effect of any store chain shutting down a lot of the stores.