Kmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vpresson • Feb 7, 2013.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So i usually don't shop at Kmart i usually go to Walmart but i have found that a lot of things that walmart carries Kmart does to and it's usually cheaper they have better clothes for kids and adults and better looking shoes also they carry a lot of other things that are better than walmarts the kids clothes are a lot cheaper and they are always having some kind of sale on the clothes and also always have new stuff walmart has had the same clothes for kids for the past 4 months everytime i go it's the same things and no cheaper Kmart on the other hand every time i go it has new clothes and has some kind of sale. Does anyone find Kmart better and cheaper than walmart? Do you think walmart is losing it's touch with the whole everyday low price when truly it isn't low prices?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think walmart is losing it's touch because when I sit down and actually compare how much money I saved
    I can always tell that walmart is a store that will always save me extra cash. However my Kmart has been raising it's prices on clothes which didn't make
    any sense to me. I guess it may depend on the areas where we live.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the Kmart stores in my area have closed down. I don't that there are more than a handful of Kmart stores in the Southern California area. It's really sad because I loved going to Kmart as a kid. It's been years since I have step foot into a Kmart store.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I think that Kmart has Walmart beat when it comes to clothes. Their clothes are a little more stylish than Walmart's, but Walmart still beat Kmart when it comes to beauty and cosmetics. Their cleaning supplies are cheaper too. I just shop at Kmart for their clothing sales. I once got shorts for $1 and cute tops for $3. Can't beat Kmart.

5. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I Loved going to Kmart as a kid too and still do for the clothes. I find that the clothes they carry are cheaper and honestly look better than Walmart stuff. Walmart seems to have become quite lax when it comes to quality in their clothes department. Since my clothes budget is limited I really look around for good bargains and kmart is fitting the bill.

6. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    The city where I am in Canada had a K-Mart and it closed a number of years back.
    There are two Walmarts in Barrie. Seems like they are all over my area.
    There is also a Zellers here and it is in the process of closing its doors.
    I have to say that although obviously now I do not have that choice between Walmart and K-Mart, I am generally pretty happy with the Walmart for my needs.
    Ryder13

7. vpresson

Threads:

I do think it depends where you live cause some states or cheaper than others. I went to Virgina and found it was way cheaper than where i live. But i stopped shopping at walmart for groceries recently and when i sat down and compared my grocery bill from walmart and where i shop now i realized i am saving 200 a month since shopping else where than walmart.

8. vpresson

Threads:
    Yeah a lot of the Kmart stores have closed where i use to live all closed down and there isn't even one anymore here we have only one i love going to walmart especially when their all year round layaway.

9. vpresson

Threads:
    Yeah the clothes are a lot cuter and cheaper than walmart i love going to Kmart for clothes they always have sales and different outfits walmart hardly ever changes their clothes and their prices never go down.

10. vpresson

Threads:
    Yeah walmart doesn't have any good looking clothes for kids or adults and Kmart has a great selection for clothes i love them and they are really cheap i went and got an outfit from came out for under 20 bucks walmart on the other hand i got a shirt and sweat pants and it was over 20 bucks and they don't look as good as Kmart's

11. vpresson

Threads:
    Well of course if that's the only option you have than walmart is good and the way to go but in my case i have a kmart so i prefer kmart over walmart any day.

12. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I used to prefer Kmart because it was a bit smaller and the prices compared to Walmart. The prices seem higher now unless an item is on sale. Mine is also rarely stocked with sale items and the employees are terrible. They would all rather be elsewhere and it shows.

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Our kmart has really struggled since walmart appeared, but I do often find that kmart has a better selection. The prices vary...when they have sales, kmart is definitely better. No one seems to frequent it, though.

14. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    Here in Key West, the big problem with K-Mart is the lines. I live about a mile from my K-Mart. But there is a major construction project going on here, and I have to go the long way around to get there. Then I have to stand in long lines. I work second shift and I do most of my shopping at our 24 hour Wynn Dixie around midnight. I would rather pay a little more for most stuff at Wynn Dixie than endure the frustration of spending over an hour going to K-Mart during the day.

15. vpresson

Threads:
    I compared some of my shopping the other day with Kmart and Walmart and just about all the things i needed to get were cheaper at Kmart than walmart the one here is usually always stocked with sales their clothes are always on sale from 30 to 50 percent off so i love it.

16. vpresson

Threads:
    Yeah since walmart it seems Kmart has been forgotten i think that's why a lot of them got closed down.

17. vpresson

Threads:

I can understand that, here that's one of the big problems with Walmart there will be longgg lines from the register to the back of the store and only two registers open than you always have that one cashier that is taking forever and just talking away while the line gets bigger

18. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    There's a K-Mart where I live now, but I was always raised with the idea that they weren't very good because they couldn't stay in business! Literally all of them in a certain radius closed down, so it's not a store I make it a habit to visit. I do know, though, that I always save money when I shop at Walmart. It's much cheaper for me to buy groceries there than anywhere else.

19. dsperin

dsperinNew Member

Threads:
    I have a Kmart a block away from my house so I stop in for emergency items sometimes. I find them to be WAY overpriced, but then they are the closest store for this neighborhood so they act as a 'quickie mart' in my opinion. I wish they carried more dairy--they'd be a real lifesaver more often for me. As for clothes, I've never really perused the selection so I'll have to some time.

20. vpresson

Threads:
    Yeah where i use to live all Kmarts got shut down so i hadn't visit Kmart in a long time until i moved i started shopping there for clothes shoes and toys cause i found them to be cheaper and have more than walmart i use to shop at walmart for grocery but there prices got to high for me especially their meats so i started shopping else where and save about 200 a month without shopping at walmart