Knockout Roses: Do You Like Them?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by hayrake • Dec 23, 2014.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I really love roses but they are so much trouble (for me) to care for and to grow. Knockout roses, however are easy as pie for anyone. They look great with their brilliant colors and really dress up a place if all you need out of your roses is a dash of color outside. Of course, if you want to be able to have beautiful long stemmed cut roses for taking indoors, you're not going to like knockouts by themselves.

2. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I bought on bush of the knock out roses for along the fence. I have tried so many different types and quite frankly thought they would die so I didn't want to spend a lot of money. they are thriving in that area! I had the prettiest flowers. Now the trick is, you have to trim them back and keep them compact, they will not trail like the climbing roses, and although they like full sun, they do better if it is afternoon full sun. I would buy these again in a second. I got mine from Lowes and paid $12.99, they are pink with yellow edges, very pretty.

3. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    My wife and I were talking to a lady about them and she said she bought 12 of them and then took cuttings and wound up with around 20. I am not sure how that is done, but we have 6 in the front yard so well before spring hits I am going to find out how the re-plants are done. A funny ending: I was listening to a radio station out of Dallas, Tx. It was a plant show and one of the callers was a guy who wanted to know if "Knocked-up" roses need any extra care.